Open and Fill in 1Password 7 on iMac does not work with Chrome.

I was using 1Password 4 on my Windows PC and 6 on my iMac, and installed 1Password 7 on both machines today. When I clcik Open and Fill in 1Password 7 on my iMac, it does not access to the site at all. When Chrome is closed, Chrome starts with a blank tab, and that's it. When Chrom is open, it goes to the newest tab, and that's it. 1Password 7 does not point to the site at all.

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome 1password 7 open and fill

Comments

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Additional information and correction

• Open and Fill was working without a problem with 1Password 6.
    • When Chrome is open, it goes to the tab that is active (not newest tab), and that's it.
  • hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

And Chrome version is 67.0.3396.87.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @hirof,

By any chance do you have 1Password stored somewhere other than /Applications/, the system-wide Applications folder. As of 1Password 7 the application regardless of whether you use the Mac App Store version or the one from our site is now sandboxed and for filling to work it requires both 1Password and the browser to reside in /Applications/. If this is applicable the following should help.

1. Quit 1Password by holding down the alt key and clicking on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Move the 1Password application bundle from ~/Applications/ (or wherever it is) to /Applications/.
    3. Launch 1Password from its new location.
    4. Restart any open browsers.

Does that get filling working?

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

I simply took a default option when I installed 1Password 7, so I think it is stored in /Applications/.
    I have my iMac at home. I will check that tonight and let you know my finding.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hirof,

It sounds as if it is residing in /Applications/ then as I believe that is the only place the installer will try to place 1Password. Given that we'll probably need to review a diagnostic report. Can you create one and send it in please. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ID here it will allow us to locate the diagnostic report and see what it tells us.

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

I confirmed both 1Password 7 and Chrome are in /Applications/.
    I sent a diagnostic report to the requested address, and got a confirmation with the ticket ID BDD-78371-873.
    Thanks!

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

I followed the below instruction that was provided by Adam, and found Open & Fill is now working.
    Thanks a lot for your prompt support!

1. From the main 1Password window quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌥⌘Q (ctrl + alt + cmd + Q).
    2. Drag the 1Password application bundle from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page ( https://1password.com/downloads/ ).
    5. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    6. Restart Chrome if it is open.

Hiro

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hirof,

So in your case something weird was happening and 1Password was unable to verify the full process chain. We maybe didn't need to go quite that far in deleting the application bundle but the steps help ensure the best chance for eliminating that issue returning. It won't work for everybody, with so many moving pieces often we need to review a diagnostic report to figure out the cause for a particular individual as we did in your case. I am happy that it's working now though, hopefully no more problems but we'll be here if needed.

This discussion has been closed.