Chrome Plugin shows login for a split second before locking?

Something I've noticed with 1Password 7 for Chrome on Windows is that when I click the Chrome 1Password icon, if 1Password should need unlocking there's a split second where I can see credentials listed in the plug-in before the lock screen kicks in and I'm prompted for my master password.

It's not a massive deal but I thought I should mention it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @musicwallaby,

Thanks for reporting this. It's a known issue related to WPF's UI caching, we're trying to force it to invalidate its caches but it is not doing what we want it to do. We do want to fix it as soon as possible.

ref: OPW-2108

• musicwallaby
    musicwallaby
    Community Member

Thanks, not a big deal with the boring things but if the last entry I'd used was Ashley Madison or something similar...

• Yep, we do totally consider this as a top priority to fix, it's just hard to fix when it is not our technology. We'll have to reach out to Microsoft to figure out why they're not invalidating the cache properly.

• theremin
    theremin
    Community Member

Any updates on this? This has been bothering me too. Whenever I open the 1Password extension in Chrome, I see what was previously in the extension window for a split second (e.g. another site, list of credit cards, etc). It should definitely be fixed, as this seems like a security issue.

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @theremin,

We have no updates to share at the moment. Yes, it must be fixed but to be clear, your 1Password data was locked down and encrypted long before this view pops up, so it is not a security issue in itself but someone seeing it at that instant is a risk of seeing your titles and usernames. The problem is that the window view is cached and Windows won't follow our command to remove itself and to show a lock view, it only does this view after the window is revealed to you first. That's why the main interface is locked despite this issue with 1Password mini window.

We are considering replacing the entire UI to fix this issue but even that is a huge undertaking, we're still trying to find a way around this as a short term fix.

This discussion has been closed.