1Password7 won't launch after upgrade to Windows 10 and after reinstall

Options

I had 1Password 7 working just fine on Windows 8.1, however I just upgraded to Windows 10 and 1Password won't run.

It fails immediately after booting up, I get a message that says "1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working". I imagine that's the 1password mini taskbar app.

I get the same error if I try to launch 1Password from the Start menu.

I uninstalled the app and deleted all files under AppData/Local/1password and when trying to fresh install the app I get the same error. After seeing the installation progress bar I get the exact same error as before.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password7 won't launch after upgrade to Windows 10 and after reinstall

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nrqsnchz,

Thanks for reporting this.

First thing, please check for all Windows updates. It may not have finished installing everything and you may need latest Windows update that includes .NET updates that we use. We have seen some Windows updates fixing random crashes like this.

If you've already up to date, please use this guide to collect the crash report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• nrqsnchz
    nrqsnchz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

You are correct, I got it to work after doing a Windows update.

Thank you!

• MikeT
    Options

Awesome, thanks for letting us know and you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.