Frustrating workflow issue happening frequently - 1Password 7 hotkey and "open and fill" not working

Options
aaaaaa
aaaaaa
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Since upgrading from 1Password 6 to 7.0.4 (non-Mac-App-Store version), this workflow issue has been coming up for me multiple times per day and it's been extremely frustrating.

• On macOS 10.13.5, while Using Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the 4.7.1.90 extension) or Safari (Version 11.1.1 (13605.2.8) with the 1Password 4.7.1 extension), with 1Password 1Password 7 Version 7.0.4 (70004001) from the AgileBits Store installed, and 1Password is running in the menu bar, pressing the Command‑Backslash (\), whether or not 1Password is locked, does nothing.

• Then I click on the 1Password menu bar icon and it does nothing. Clicking repeatedly on it continues to do nothing.

• Then clicking on a blank spot on the desktop so Finder is in focus, or clicking on any other app so that any app other than Chrome or Safari is in focus, then clicking the 1Password menu bar icon again works, however...

• Clicking on a login item brings the default browser back into focus, but nothing happens.

• Then opening the 1Password main window, finding a login item, hovering over a URL and clicking "open and fill" brings the default browser back into focus, but nothing happens - the URL does not load.

• The only workaround I've found is to restart my computer, and then it works for a little while until this happens again on it's own.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @aaaaaa! I'm sorry for the trouble. Does this behavior happen constantly, or is it something that only happens sometimes, or only under certain conditions? And where is 1Password 7 installed?

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,

It happens constantly. I probably go to use 1Password about 20-30 times per day and it inevitably happens within the first hour or two of every day.

1Password is installed to the /Applications folder and is the AgileBits Store version.

As for the conditions, I forgot to mention this in the original post, but it's been happening on two different computers I own which have the same 1Password environment (same vaults, same 1Password.com accounts logged in, same 1Password license, etc, and very similar macOS environments (also using the most updated versions of macOS, Chrome, Safari, 1Password, and the browser extensions.

It doesn't seem to be affected by whether 1Password is currently locked or unlocked when I try the hotkey in the browser.

I've asked 3 people at work who have similar environments and have also upgraded to 1Password 7, and none of them have had this issue.

Let me know if there are any logs or diagnostic files I could check for any clues.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aaaaaa

Let me know if there are any logs or diagnostic files I could check for any clues.

You read my mind. I can't reproduce that here, and if none of your co-workers can either, I'm thinking it must be some kind of conflict with something you're accustomed to doing/using/setting on your Macs, if it happens on BOTH of them.

That's why I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#JIJ-78842-791]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @aaaaaa only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: JIJ-78842-791

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I've sent one report from the computer I use most regularly, and I will send the other report as soon as I can. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aaaaaa - Thanks. :) :+1:

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I've emailed the report from my other computer as well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.