Upgrade to v7 is really a huge pain and I'm dead in the water

Options
ihatethis
ihatethis
Community Member

I upgraded Firefox and when I tried to load the extension for 1password, the only option was for 1PW X. Then I found out that I needed to upgrade to v7 in order to use it. so i upgraded and paid for a subscription. now, there is no sync tab in preferences and i can't access any of my old vaults. there's no indication that anything was converted, i have zero access to my passwords and my time until i can resolve this is completely wasted. i either need to speak with someone about this, or i need much more clear instructions on how to reconcile. i'm completely dead in the water. nothing on the forum has worked here and i have no options to fix. extremely unhappy.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ihatethis! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now. I'm not quite sure what you experienced, but you can always find the current (non-1Password X) version of our "traditional" extension at https://1pw.ca/browsers. Open that link in Firefox, and you'll be shown the correct extension. You do not need to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac to use it; the current version (4.7.1.90) works in both 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Mac.

now, there is no sync tab in preferences and i can't access any of my old vaults.

When you upgrade from 1Password 6 for Mac to 1Password 7 for Mac, the installer should have imported your existing 1Password 6 for Mac database into version 7. If that didn't happen, you can click File > Import, and choose the 1Password 6 option. Click "Choose File," and in the pop-up window, navigate to one of the following locations, depending on whether your copy of 1Password 6 for Mac was from us directly or from the Mac App Store:

• Us (AgileBits): /Users/your_mac_username/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • Mac App Store: /Users/your_mac_username/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

This will import all your previous vaults into 1Password 7 for Mac. Let us know how that works for you! :)

• ihatethis
    ihatethis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was able to export my primary vault (keychain) which contains my personal passwords, and then import to v7, but I am still unable to export my opvault with my business passwords. Support docs say I should be able to do this, but I've followed the instructions and I'm unable to make it happen. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@ihatethis

I am still unable to export my opvault with my business passwords.

I'm confused -- if you used my instructions above, the importer should have imported all your vaults that you had inside 1Password 6 for Mac. Was this "business" vault not in use within 1Password 6 for Mac on this Mac?

ref: UYY-76563-358

• carolineheidi
    carolineheidi
    Community Member
    Options

I am unable to migrate data from v6 to v7. It did not transfer automatically.
    I have followed the instructions to migrate and once the account opened there is no setting to tap, There is no sync in preferences. There are 3 items.
    I have also tried to import from v6 but all files are grayed out.
    I have sent emails and a robot keeps sending the same instructions. It has become a hateful loop.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carolineheidi - I didn't realize it originally, but it looks like you asked this same question of our email support team as well, and since then, my colleague Laura has been helping you. Let's keep the conversation going in only one place, via email, if you don't mind. When we have to coordinate responses to the same question from the same customer across multiple people and points of contact here, it slows down the support experience for everyone, including you. Thanks! :)

ref: LBL-51652-116

This discussion has been closed.