Stand alone 1Password 6 to family subscription 1Password 7 - move old data to new 1Password 7

Options
Nadine_VD
Nadine_VD
Community Member

I have 1password 7 on my Mac, but only with the 3 demo items. I seem to have lost all of my password and data from 1Password 6 (=O)!
When I open 1password 7 > Preferences > accounts, then I put in all of my information and sign in, message comes back that I already have an account. I cannot find anywhere to migrate my information to 1password 7. Icon for 1 password 6 is still there, but does not work. Does not open. Icon for 1Password 7 is on my dock on my iMac.

I have 1Password 7.0.6 on my iPhone 7+. Seems to have automatically updated and I have 165 items. Too scared to sync. At least I still have that.

I have 1Password 7.0.6 on my iPad (latest). In settings it says that I have 164 items, last synced 4 weeks ago. When I go to categories:
"Nice! You can add all kinds of items anytime using the + icon - DONE"
Too scared to do this because it appears to erase my data and expect me to input all 165 entries

So I have lost 1Password data on my iMac (running high sierra 10.13.4) and I have lost access to my data on the iPad.

I also wanted to put this on my husband's iPhone, iPad and Windows desktop (running Windows 10).

I love this program!!! Need some step by step guidance.

Nadine_VD

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.0.6
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to migrate password vault from 1password 6 to 1 password 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nadine_VD - Thanks so much for the kind words about 1Password! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now in getting upgraded, and even more sorry for the delay in responding to your post. :( I'm here now, and we'll get this solved. First off: don't panic. I know this isn't optimal, but I seriously doubt your data is gone completely, especially given how many devices you have it on.

However, given the complexity of your setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of the devices on which you currently have 1Password.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#RSE-35555-861]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Nadine_VD only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: RSE-35555-861

• laurendevine
    laurendevine
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I am having the same horrible issue, but I have over 1000+ logins saved for myself and various clients. I'm totally freaking out right now. HELP!

ref: ZKD-65921-939

• Nadine_VD
    Nadine_VD
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot say enough good things about the support team at 1Password.
    My fix was somewhat involved, so I would suggest waiting for help from the support team, with detailed instructions.
    In the meantime, you might want to supply more information, such as Mac or PC, OS, your previous and current version of 1Password.

Perhaps Customer Support could post a step by step instruction in FAQ.

• wnlight
    wnlight
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same 'empty items' problem as Nadine_VD. I recently bought a MacBook Pro and discovered that there is a version 7 of 1Password. Somehow (I do not know) all 131 of my 1Password 6 items have been migrated over to the MacBook Pro from my primary computer, a Mac Mini 2012. But 1Password 7 on the MacBook repeatedly asks for a new membership or license.
    So, I purchased a single membership and downloaded 1Password7 to my primary computer (mini). I fed the setup code to the 1PW7 on my mini, but it said that I am already a member.
    THE PROBLEM is in moving all 131 of my items to a 1Password7 value which currently has only 3 default items. On version 6, I never had any additional vaults. Your directions tell me to push the NON-EXISTANT "move data" button.

• Nadine_VD
    Nadine_VD
    Community Member
    Options

I would spend the extra money and go for the family subscription plan. Seems to automatically sync all devices. Worth the money!!! Less heartache.

I don’t guarantee and would prefer if you waited for customer support. On my Mac, I opened 1Password 7, which appeared to be like an original program without all the passwords. I believe it is under Password > file and then import. Not sure if this will work for you (all depending on previous versions of 1Password). when you hit import, a box should come up and select 1Password 6. then you will be given the option to open a few files. Open the file that ends with .qlblite (I think because I do not have my notes in front of me). If this does not update your mac with all the database files then you must wait for customer support, which is closed over the weekends. The

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @laurendevine! I see my colleague Emily has already assisted you (successfully!) via email, so unless you have any additional questions, you should be all set. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wnlight - sorry for the delay in our response here. I was away last week. I can't tell with 100% certainty, but it sounds as if you may have created a new 1password.com individual account (great!). What I'm not sure about is what the specific setup is on both of your Macs. That being the case (and because those kinds of details should not be discussed in this public forum), I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DMY-17391-786]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @wnlight only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DMY-17391-786

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nadine_VD - thanks for the kind words, and for helping others out in this thread. :)

• wnlight
    wnlight
    Community Member
    Options

When can I expect a response?

• Nadine_VD
    Nadine_VD
    Community Member
    Options

During business hours, Monday through Friday.
    The support is very good.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@wnlight Did you send in the requested diagnostic report and post the indicated reference code? AgileBits is probably waiting for your reply. hth

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wnlight - I'm sorry for the confusion! I replied to you on July 10; if you don't see my reply, please check your email client's spam or bulk mail folder. Let me know if you still can't see it.

• curriejhc
    curriejhc
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. I was following directions (for someone else) who just downloaded 1PW7 on her MacBook Pro and the app on iPhone and iPad. We got to the place on the iPhone where it says "Lets copy your items to your new 1PW account. there is a flag in the middle and on the left it says 93 items [Flag] 0 folders. Below that it says, "Converting Folders" however, nothing is happening. What to do from here? Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@curriejhc - this doesn't sound at all as if it's the same problem the other people (whose problems were not identical, by the way) were having. Please have the person who's actually the account holder and user of 1Password get in touch with us if they're having difficulties, and make sure they include:

• what specific version of 1Password they're using on each device in question
    • what specific version of macOS, iOS or other OSes they have on those devices
    • whether they're using standalone 1Password, or a 1password.com account, or both
    • what method of sync they use, if not a 1password.com account
    • what they're trying to accomplish, what steps they've taken so far, and what's not working the way they expect.
    • anything else they think might be relevant to the issue.

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.