Command-\ launches two 1Password Mini

zbender
zbender
Community Member

I had a trawl through the forums, and I can't see a similar report, and I can't see it as a listed bug.

Perhaps…2 weeks ago… or so…, the usual command-\ key sequence in Firefox has been launching the old Mini from v6 and the new Mini from v7.

Simultaneously.

Up until then, since installing v7 this hadn't happened once.

With both now launched, they each vie for attention, focus, and a Touch-ID.

Is this an already-known bug? I'm happy to edit, delete, or close this if there is a link to an existing post.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You shouldn't be running both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 at the same time. If you do you will end up having the sort of conflict you mention. The solution is completely to exit 1Password 6 by pressing control + command + Q. (Of course, if for some strange reason :) you wish to run 1Password 6 instead of 1Password 7 you have to exit 1Password 7 completely. To do that you have to press control + option + command + Q.)

Be aware that 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 store their local data in different places on your Mac so if you run both versions there is a risk things will get out of sync unless you ruthlessly update and add new entries only in 1Password 7.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @zbender! @Stephen_C is correct: we've urged people explicitly not to even have more than one copy of 1Password installed on their Macs, as unpredictable and potentially even problematic behavior will result.

I'd recommend you decide whether you want to use version 6 or version 7, and commit to it wholly; trying to run both or even keep both around and installed will lead to problems. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

This discussion has been closed.