Cannot set 1Password to start automatically on Windows 10 [Sophos]

Options
willharris
willharris
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm in a corporate environment running Windows 10 Enterprise. I have admin rights at the moment, but I cannot set 1Password to start automatically when I log in. In the settings when I click on the toggle, nothing happens at all.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:start automatically on windows

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @willharris,

Thanks for writing in. Do you have Sophos or any anti-malware solution beside Windows Defender installed?

We don't need admin rights for anything in 1Password, so the inability to toggle it means something's blocking 1Password from updating your registry (user-level access, current user registry).

• willharris
    willharris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

Well guessed - yes Sophos is running, as is HitmanPro. However, other software was able to install itself as startup software: Docker and FreeCompose.

As a further hint, when Chrome is running (with the 1P extension) but 1Password has not been started, Sophos warns me that it has prevented the "CallerCheck" exploit, so perhaps 1Password is getting some special anti-love from Sophos?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @willharris,

Yep, Sophos is currently looking into fixing that for us. For now, you have to whitelist 1Password in Sophos and that'll allow the auto-start to work.

• willharris
    willharris
    Community Member
    Options

Okay @MikeT thanks for the confirmation. Off to speak to the service desk...

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. If there's anything else we can help with, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.