Existing team account - which data centre?

I've heard it is possible to choose the location / data centre, in which the data is stored, when creating an account. Is this also possible if the account is already in use? And where can I see the location?

1Password Version: for teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wolfram_palmer: Yep! We have three servers available to use: 1Password.com (US), 1Password.ca (Canada), and 1Password.eu (Germany). They're completely separate, intentionally, so there is no connection or interoperability between them. But you can setup a new account at any of these. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• o1y
    o1y
    Community Member

@brenty How can we move our 30 active users to a different data center? This option was not yet available when I registered, as I still remember.

• @o1y,

As the instances do not talk to each other the only way to do this is manually:

• Create a new membership on the destination instance
    • Invite everyone into this new membership
    • Have everyone sign in to the new membership in addition to the existing one
    • Have them move/copy their data over: Move items between vaults | 1Password
    • Have everyone sign out of the old membership
    • Delete the old membership

It would be fairly manpower intensive, and so we’d only recommend doing so if absolutely necessary.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.