Is there a place for me to get version 6 moved to a V7 for standalone use

StephenHof
StephenHof
Community Member

after updating to the latest high sierra beta 10.13.6 beta
my version 6 wasnt sating anymore,
corrupted something...
I did a update to V7 from the app store
how can I get my standalone license working on a newer Version of teh 1password since I'm a user for almost 8 years by now
and like and highly appreciate the tool and the functionality

what Can I do, since I do not want to have a monthly plan for it
thanks in advance

stephen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 6.6.
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @StephenHof! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you're interested in using 1Password 7 for Mac as a standalone product, you'll need to download and install it from us directly, not the Mac App Store. If you've already installed the Mac App Store version, do this to switch:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    2. Visit our downloads page and download the latest version of 1Password 7 for Mac.
    3. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac (the Mac App Store version) from your Applications folder. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.
    4. Run the installer you downloaded in step 2.

That should get you set up with our version. Depending on the state of 1Password 7 previously, you'll either get the lock screen, or you'll get a Welcome screen. If it's the latter, choose that you want to purchase a standalone license. If you just get the lock screen, enter your Master Password, and once you're inside, from the menubar, click 1Password > Purchase 1Password 7.

• kfetzer
    kfetzer
    Community Member

I'm trying to follow the above instructions and not finding any options for choosing the stand alone license after launching the installer for v7 from your website. I just get the window for choosing a location for the installation and then a button to install.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kfetzer: You'll have to completely the installation first before you can run 1Password 7. Once you open the new app and set it up without a current license and only a local vault (no 1Password.com accounts), you'll see "read only". You can click that to purchase the new license and you'll have what you need to run 1Password for Mac version 7 on all of your Macs. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kfetzer
    kfetzer
    Community Member

OK. Thanks. Don't think I'd have figured out to click on read only to to purchase a license. Will give it a try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'd guess that some folks out there are happy enough with read only if they mostly use 1Password on other devices and only occasionally want to use the desktop app. If I were in that situation, I'd be glad to be able to get my data without having to pay for a license I wouldn't get much use from. But since you and I probably would be equally hampered by this restriction, removing the read only restriction by purchasing a license will be key, so it has some logic to it. Anyway, we're here if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.