Chrome Extension doesn't work using 1Password 7

Options
petehawk
petehawk
Community Member

Hi . took the plunge and invested in 1Password 7 recently. Noticed in Applications that still had old version of !Password so deleted that but now the Chrome Extension doesn't work. Deleted and reloaded it numerous times...

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petehawk - thanks for upgrading to 1Password 7, and I'm sorry for the trouble! I can't tell for certain without some more information, but I'm guessing that you may have installed 1Password 7 for Mac into somewhere other than your /Applications folder (like possibly into ~/Applications instead?). If so, that'll be the reason things aren't working. One of the changes under the hood in version 7 is that both the AgileBits version and the Mac App Store version are now sandboxed. This should result in greater security overall, but it does limit the locations you can successfully run 1Password from. If you have it installed anywhere but /Applications, you'll need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then move it over into Applications, and restart. Let us know how that works (or if that's not the issue).

• petehawk
    petehawk
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Sadly Lars 1Password 7 sits firmly in the Applications folder....!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petehawk - OK, thanks for the clarification. The 1Password 7 for Mac installer should remove your older copy of 1Password 6 for Mac - assuming that's what you were running. Was it? Since it didn't, did you Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) before deleting your older copy of 1Password?

• petehawk
    petehawk
    Community Member
    Options

to be honest I can't remember what I was running but it was the non-member version having used 1password for eons and eons... decided to upgrade so my wife and I could share some passwords and then it all went haywire. The extension worked before I removed the older version of 1P... as I say it works in Safari....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petehawk - well, I'm out of my best guesses, and at this point, there could be a number of things that might cause such an issue. To get a better idea of which of them might be operative here, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#TQI-55127-245]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @petehawk only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: TQI-55127-245

• petehawk
    petehawk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars... running the report now.

• petehawk
    petehawk
    Community Member
    Options

Lars... I deleted the extension rebooted Chrome, rebooted 1P and downloaded the extension again and it has started working again. I did reset priviledges etc on the troubleshooting App so maybe tht fixed things. Interesting to see if the report ids anything

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petehawk - glad to hear it! Sometimes, that is the issue, and this may very well have been the case here. What I'd like to do is have you use 1Password for a while, and see how things go. Let us know if the problem returns, and if so, we'll pick up where we left off. Thanks - and congratulations on getting it working again! :)

• petehawk
    petehawk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help Lars. Will get back to you if the problem reappears.

Pete

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.