To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

On trial and can't log in because no secret key -- help

Options
klo0309
klo0309
Community Member

I desperately want to use 1Password because it comes highly recommnded by a computer wizard. However, I've had major issues learning how to use the app on my iphone X (store passwords, etc.) so decided to try on my desktop. I can't get anywhere because it's asking for a secret key which I don't have. I do not want to subscribe to something that I'm not computer savvy enough to use. Therefore, I'm doing the trial but with every day that I attempt to figure out am becoming more and more frustrated. A live chat would be a helpful tool but I guess the forum will have to do. Please offer some assistance. Oh and I've watched all the you-tube videos I can find and nothing has helped.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:On trial and can't log in because no secret key -- help

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @klo0309

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. This guide should help in finding your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

If you are signed in to your membership on your iPhone X these instructions will likely be the most relevant: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/?ios#find-your-secret-key-in-the-1password-apps

I hope that helps!

Ben

• klo0309
    klo0309
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve done that and there are 7 lines of secret keys. I’ve tried entering one, all 7 and a combination. No go. Are you seeing that I’m on a trial?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

@klo0309

While the Secret Key may appear to span multiple lines (because it appears in Large Type, which doesn’t allow it to all fit on one line) it all belongs on one line. If what you’re seeing on your phone starts with A3 then that is your Secret Key, but it is all one line :)

I can’t discuss account specifics here in the public forum, but I can say that for the purposes of obtaining your Secret Key it doesn’t matter if you’re within your trial period or not.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.