Back button from images to original item

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

It's great that you can attach images to items in 1P, especially for those nonsensical security Q&As. The problem I'm having is because the image isn't actually part of the item, but stored in a separate item in the data base. If I use the link in say a credit card entry to get to the image, I'm in a different entry, and it's a bit of a pain to get back to the original. It would be great if the image could be embedded in the original entry, but if that's not possible, then it would be handy if there was a back button or a link back to the original file to get there more easily.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.5b0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky: I don't think we have plans to turn 1Password into a browser-style app with back/forward buttons, etc., but you can link those items together if you want to using the "related items" feature when editing the item details. I can see how it might be useful specify that during creation in some cases though, and we'll be considering different options as we continue to develop the related items feature in the future. Cheers! :)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks brenty. Looking forward to it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the feedback! :) :+1:

• dcarver
    dcarver
    Community Member

I was going to make a new post on this, but figured I would comment on this one. It would be extremely helpful to have a back button in place for this exact reason. Since files are no longer embedded in the item, clicking on the file (the link to it) takes you out of the item. It's then a pain to go back and re-find that item again to continue working with it.

This is probably the one thing stopping me from upgrading completely from a standalone license to an account. I'm not happy that item attachments are now separated out from the item itself, but if there was at least a back button to go back to the item it would be tolerable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dcarver: Thanks for your feedback on this. . I'm not sure if a "back" button makes sense for 1Password, but an option to view related items would certainly be helpful. We've considered making item linking bidirectional, but nothing we do in this area will be quick or simple, so we want to make sure we get it right before implementing something across all 7 apps. I agree that we should do better.

• dcarver
    dcarver
    Community Member

Bidirectional linking would be great. I don't know if this is on the roadmap or not, but it's certainly something I'd like to suggest.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know, we appreciate the feedback! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.