How do I open multiple local vaults on Mac

jwoelfel
jwoelfel
Community Member

Until yesterday I uses 1password 6 on Mac, and 7 on Win with Dropbox vaults.
Now I activated a 1p 7 cloud account, but I want to keep my local vaults and rather migrate step by step instead of importing over 1000 entries and getting stuck in chaos due the lack of folders in new versions.

I managed to open 1 local vault and after that login to cloud, but I don't find the option to open another local vault on Mac.
On Win, iPhone and iPad this works, but Mac doesn't.

1Password Version: Mac 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox, Cloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jwoelfel! I tend to assume that when people say "cloud" they're referring to a 1password.com account, but can you verify that's what you mean, please? Sometimes folks mean iCloud or even other things, and just "cloud" isn't descriptive enough for us to be certain that's what you meant. Just checking.

If you have multiple secondary vaults synced via Dropbox, and they are in the OPVault format, you can use Finder to navigate to the keychains in question in your Dropbox folder and add them to 1Password 7 for Mac by just double-clicking them, as has always been possible. If your sync keychains on Dropbox are in the Agile Keychain format, you'll need first to create new (standalone) vaults in 1Password 7, then click File > Import and choose the top option ("1Password Keychain"), then use that to navigate to the older Agile Keychains. This format has been retired as of 1Password 7 for Mac, so this process will import your Agile Keychain information, after which you'll need to visit Preferences > Sync and switch the sync method for these newly-imported vaults to Dropbox, which will write out a new OPVault keychain to replace the older Agile Keychain. You'll then need to switch all your other devices to use the OPVault instead of the Agile Keychain. Let me know if you have any questions.

• jwoelfel
    jwoelfel
    Community Member

Hello Lars, sorry for beeing so unprecise. Yes I know, DropBox is a cloud service, too. When I talked about "a 1p 7 cloud account" I indeed intended to say "a account registered with 1password.eu with activated test subscription".
    But anyway I did now manage to open my other local (from a perspective of 1 Password, in fact these are cloud stored on DropBox) vaults. I was just not expecting that "Einen neuen Tresor erstellen" in german version (translated back: "create a new vault") means opening an existing vault. I was expecting to overwrite, because of that I did not dare to execute it and always pressed cancel.
    But no I know "create" means "open" ;) and thanks to your words I was brave enough to execute it => everything fine now

Thank you very much :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jwoelfel - no worries! I just never want to make a wrong assumption about what someone meant, and wind up giving them incorrect advice or instructions based off my misunderstanding. Glad to hear you're all set; let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.