Adding items (files, images,...) to an entry on 1Password7 for Windows

Options
alex_zieg
alex_zieg
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
on iOS I can add items to an entry. How can I perform this on Windows?
I want to manage different card besides driving licences, passports, etc. with 1Password. Is there a best practive how to do?
Thx in advance.
Alex

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alex_zieg,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

If you are using 1Password account in 1Password 7 for Windows you should be able to upload your important files as Documents, our new category for things like this. After that you will be able to link to the document from the related item in your vault. The document will be shown in the item view in "Related items".

In order to upload your file you should click "+" > Document. Once it is uploaded, please try to edit an item and you will see "Link Existing" button under Related items subtitle.

Let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• alex_zieg
    alex_zieg
    Community Member
    Options

ahhh, got it. Thx a lot. I thought I must use a function within an entry to upload. Uploading separatly and link is also ok, especially if you want to link more than once ;)
    can be set to solved. thx.

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

We do want to simplify this process in time. Right now, you can drag files onto the item list if you're in the right vault and it'll automatically create them as Document items. Eventually, we'll add drag and drop support to the item, so it'll upload them as Document Items and then link them as Related Items automatically to that item.

This discussion has been closed.