1Password not recognizing 2FA

I have several websites which 1Password believes does not have two factor authentication enabled for, but I know for a fact that I have it setup one way or another. Is there a method for me to correct the application?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

"One way or another" is probably the clue. If you have 2FA set up within 1PW for a site then this should be recognised. And if a site does not accept 2FA at all then 1PW will not complain. But there is no way that 1PW can tell that 2FA has been set up using some other method of autentication.

The solution is to give any of those sites the tag 2FA, and they will then be removed from the list.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, if you don't have a TOTP secret setup in that site's login in 1Password, it will have no way of knowing that you have two-factor authentication enabled. But since that isn't always possible, you can add the tag 2FA to a login to tell 1Password that you're using an external authentication method. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.