To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

move entire vault from standalone to online

Options
krustyfur
krustyfur
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Memberships

I have over 200 entries across multiple vaults with the standalone app. How do I migrate an entire vault at a time? The migration guide gives instructions for single entries at a time. I can't find a way to move an entire vault at once.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @krustyfur

You can select all of the contents of the vault using the Cmd+A keyboard shortcut and then follow the instructions to move/copy the data from the old vault to the new. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member
    Options

You should be able to select multiple items in each vault and move them all at once. To select all items, first select one item in the vault, then press CMD+A on your keyboard to select all items. You can then move all of these items to the new vault in your 1Password Account.

This guide gives more detail on this process if you need it!

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! You beat me to it @Ben! 😂

• Ben
    Options

Looks like dst87 and I were typing at the sametime. Thanks for chiming in, dst87. :)

Ben

• krustyfur
    krustyfur
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys, I wasn't even thinking of a select all solution. I guess I was fixed on moving an entire vault and overlooked moving all the contents instead.

Although the linked guide does mention sharing multiple items at once, it might be worth noting the select-all method as the solution to transferring the entire vault at once.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @krustyfur. Glad to hear that worked out. I’ll make the suggestion to the docs team. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.