To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret key...help!

Options
jasonqu21
jasonqu21
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password user, and yesterday, just before wiping my old Mac, I upgraded from 1Password 6 (Mac App Store version) to 1Password 7 (Mac App Store version). I did not realize that I needed to print out my secret key right away, and my understanding is that now there is no way for me to get it back. I have all my old passwords still in 1Password 6, and I am trying to simply sign up for a new 1Password.com account through the Mac App Store. However, I can't because the App Store says I have an old account...which I can't access! Help, please!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secret key

Comments

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jasonqu21

If you have 1Password installed in others devices like a iPhone, or a iPad you could try to follow the instructions in the article below to find your secret key:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Hope it helps

• jasonqu21
    jasonqu21
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my computer was the only place it was installed, and that device has been wiped. I went ahead and signed up for a new account on 1Password.com. Luckily, I found I can still use the App Store 1Password app, which enables me to get automatic updates, sandboxing protection, etc. The only thing I'm giving up is the ability to pay for 1Password using Store Credit...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hear you. But on the plus side, you can use that credit for something else instead. :) Anyway, I'm glad that you were able to get things setup, but if you have any questions at all while using your new account be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• By993
    By993
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem. I upgraded and now have new devices that I want to install Ipassword on but I can not because I do not know the secret key. I have ipassword on a mobile phone and can access that, but can not when following the directions given access my secret password. I know my master password know the email that i used for ipassword

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@By993: Are you using 1Password, or something else? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

This discussion has been closed.