how can i do to find my licence file?

Options

Hi, I changed my PC and I can't use fully 1password because I need to upload my "licence file"
can you help me please?
i bought 1password 3 or 4 years ago and i changed my email since

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:find my licence

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ANDROUIN,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you have access to your original emails? There should be a receipt for 1Password 4 for Windows with your license key included.

If you bought 1Password 3-4 years ago, it is most likely for 1Password 4 for Windows only. 1Password 7 just came out a few weeks ago and would require a new purchase. If you do not wish to upgrade to 1Password 7 at this moment, be sure to uninstall it and then download to install 1Password 4 from the bottom-right of this page: https://1Password.com/downloads/

After that, you should be able to enter your license key from the original email receipt (you can enter it in 1Password via the Help Menu > Enter License Key) or check your 1Password vault, you can still unlock 1Password 4 and search for that license key that you may have added in the past.

I can't use fully 1password because I need to upload my "licence file" can you help me please?

You don't need to upload anything, we don't ask for this in any situations. Can you clarify where you're seeing this?

• ANDROUIN
    ANDROUIN
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much !!! I fund my old email with the licence and downloaded the good version of 1password and everything is ok now.
    Thank you!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ANDROUIN,

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1: I am glad to hear you are all set now.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.