Couple of missing features moved?

Options

I have installed 1Password 7 on my windows and macs and its great but today I was using it to login to a videogame and the edit caret button (the one to type the password on the last focused window) is missing...how do I do this now? Do I have to copy and paste?

The second problem is I want to add a new entry, but there is no File menu. How do I create a new item? ie File -> New Item -> New Login?

This was on windows, on Mac its working as I am used to.

I love the Windows Hello support.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• NoelDillabough
    NoelDillabough
    Community Member
    Options

Another thing that's missing, I can't find where to set your sync settings in windows (I have it set to DropBox but wanted to see if it was all synched up). Where do I see the sync status (in windows, on mac its in preferences)

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @NoelDillabough,

Thanks for writing in.

but today I was using it to login to a videogame and the edit caret button (the one to type the password on the last focused window) is missing...how do I do this now?

At this moment, 1Password mini on Windows does not support viewing details or editing them. You can right-click on the said item and it'll let you copy the field valve for you to paste it in. There is the Type in Window feature where you can right-click on the item and expand the field submenu to type it in a specific window like your game's login form. Make sure you focus the password field before you do this.

The second problem is I want to add a new entry, but there is no File menu. How do I create a new item? ie File -> New Item -> New Login?

Same way you create a new item on the Mac, click the plus button on the item list. You can also use Control + N shortcut (Cmd + N on the Mac).

We plan to add more menus to the titlebar in time to match the Mac as much as we can.

Another thing that's missing, I can't find where to set your sync settings in windows (I have it set to DropBox but wanted to see if it was all synched up). Where do I see the sync status (in windows, on mac its in preferences)

It's currently not implemented on Windows, it is coming in a future update.

Note that the sync status is not actually accurate on Mac nor does it reflect the actual sync. The Dropbox app client's sync status is the most accurate one you can use. If you hover over Dropbox icon in the taskbar's notification area on Windows and it says up to date, you're up to date. 1Password is not syncing anything, only Dropbox doing the sync for you, so their app is the best indicator.

The Sync status in the Mac version is just telling you when is the last time 1Password wrote to the Dropbox folder.

• NoelDillabough
    NoelDillabough
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I found the type command right clicking on the item in 1Password Mini then selecting the target. Even though the UI isn't 100% accurate it would be good to show a "Currently synching with DropBox/your.opvault" or whatever so we know we've configured it correctly.

I do really like the new version, looking forward to upcoming changes!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @NoelDillabough,

You're welcome.

Even though the UI isn't 100% accurate it would be good to show a "Currently synching with DropBox/your.opvault" or whatever so we know we've configured it correctly.

Yep, a detailed settings view for all of your vaults is coming, it'll detail its location on disk, what sync method is being used, how many items, changing its password, custom vault icons, and much more.

For now, if you expand the vault list in the sidebar and right-click or click on the more *** button, you'll be able to see its location and if sync is disabled or not. It's a short-term "look" until we bring in that settings view.

This discussion has been closed.