convert ios password entry to login

I have had several occasions where I've used 1Password to generate a password, only to discover later on my phone the entry was never saved as a login. I can't find how to convert that entry to login by clicking the 'Edit' button. I couldn't even find a way to add the username field on the iPhone. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:convert ios password entry to login

Comments

• lobiancolobianco

Team Member

Hey there @dreh0615. It's not currently possible to convert a Password to Login in 1Password for iOS, but you can do so in 1Password for Mac via the Convert to Login button.

• komradkomrad
    edited October 2018

Is there way to do it using the Web interface as a work-around? I'm in the same situation. Away from home which is where my computer is , and would like to use IOS ( iphone or iPad ) to convert the password record into a login record.

Other options are
    1) wait until I get home to my computer
    2) copy pasted from password record into new login record.

1stworldproblems

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @komrad

I believe those are the options at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• edited December 2018

How is this possible? Still no "convert to login" in IOS?
    I'm curious, how does 1Password expect our workflow to look like? Please answer with reason.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Niclas Ullbrand:

1. Type your username and password on the website
    2. Tap the "key" icon or "Passwords" and select "1Password..."
    3. Tap "Create Login" and save it
  • And when you can only save the password, you're scewed?

Great...

There's a reason that the convert button exists on the desktop...

• brentybrenty

Team Member

And when you can only save the password, you're scewed? Great...

@Niclas Ullbrand: Can you give me an actual example of that? I've never known 1Password for iOS to only be able to save a password, but if there's a bug with a website we can look into it.

There's a reason that the convert button exists on the desktop...

Yep, because on the desktop there's a separate Password Generator, and when you use a generated password, the desktop app saves that in a Password item as a safety net in case you forget to save it in a Login. 1Password for iOS only has password generation as part of the Login creation process, so it doesn't have the other feature which necessitates the option to "convert to login".

• So if you create the password on the desktop but use the mobile/pad and want to convert it, your solution is to go back to the desktop and convert it?
    Wow, that workflow is as smooth as the niagara falls.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

So if you create the password on the desktop but use the mobile/pad and want to convert it, your solution is to go back to the desktop and convert it?

Correct.

Ben

• I think it's safe to say that that solution is subpar.
    So can you please add an option to convert a password to a login?

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@Niclas Ullbrand I'll be happy to mention it to the developers. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. :)

• Here’s another vote for this feature. An annoying and inconsistent product deficiency on iOS vs desktop.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Unsurprisingly, there are a lot of differences between mobile and desktop, but over time that gap may narrow -- especially as the OS and hardware becomes a bit more "desktop-like". Cheers! :)

• Another vote to adding this. Very annoying that it’s not possible.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for sharing your feedback @annoyed1234123431 :) And welcome to the forum!

• Adding my vote for this feature as well. Please add it to iOS, thanks.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Thanks for letting us know it's something you'd like us to add to the mobile app in the future. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file