Using Tags

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member

Hi, I have never focused on using Tags but thought I would give it a try and to my surprise there does not seem to be any quality control, is this right?

I created a Tag but when I go to use the new Tag elsewhere no effort is made to show me Tags or to pick existing Tags that might match thus forcing me to remember the name a structure of previous Tags and allowing me to inadvertently create as many odd variations of the same Tag as I like.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

PS, are in instructions below that open to help find the version number inaccurate for the iOS version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tag

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @iwaddo !

Thanks for reaching out! You are correct: 1Password for iOS will not currently suggest existing tag names when editing the tags of an item. We're working on some other things at the moment, but this would definitely be a nifty addition to the app. I'll pass along your feedback to the team so they can consider adding it in a later release. :)

In regards to your other question, I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're asking. Would you be able to clarify it for me?

Thanks!

ref: OPI-2233

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@Brian

I look forward to future development with Tags.

At the bottom of the form I submitted the original post it was asking for the version of the app I was using. There is a ‘how to find the version number’ link. After following the link it seemed the iOS instructions were inaccurate and did not allow me find the version number.

Thank you for your help

Regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo: This?

Find your version

Note that the site will by default show you instructions for the platform you're viewing it on. So if you go to that page on a computer, you'll need to manually select "iOS" to show instructions for that. Cheers! :)

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I obviously did not look properly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time. If you jump around between devices like I do, it can definitely be confusing! :)

This discussion has been closed.