Quick feature request

reck
reck
Community Member

In Password 4 the shortcut key for searching, ctrl+f had a nice feature where it automatically moved you into the All items sections before carrying out the search. This ensured that no matter where you saved the thing you’re looking for it always turned up in the search results.

I notice in 1Password 7 that it doesn’t automatically change to All items and instead only searches in whatever area you currently have selected. This normally means that the quick keyboard shortcut key doesn’t work as well in version 7 as it did in 4 as I don’t normally get the result I’m after unless I remember to change to all items every time I want to search.

This is just a request to see if the ctrl+f keypress in version 7 can work the same way as in version 4?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @reck,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It's already on our list to add Control + Shift + F that searches in all items by default while Control + F remains in the current item list you're viewing. One thing we keep asking if we want to switch to all vaults too with Control + Shift + F. On macOS side, we're experimenting with a new feature called Quick Open that searches all vaults at once, it looks like this:

One other cool feature of Quick Open is that it also lets you switch vaults by searching for that vault:

Based on the feedback on this feature (it's not really commonly used atm), we might bring that to Windows.

ref: OPW-2081

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Control+Shift+F sounds like it would do the job very nicely.

Personally I wouldn't want this to search other vaults as I always know what vault the item is in and my other vaults tend to be unrelated to what i'm currently working on, but that's just me.

Thanks

• Hi @reck,

Yep, you can always switch to All Vaults but you can say the same thing about this shortcut, you can always switch to All Items.

Hopefully, we'll have a nice balanced feature when we implement them later.

This discussion has been closed.