There is no "draft" saved for partially edited Secure Notes

I started editing a secure note and then went into logins to read some details for a site. Before going into another section of 1Password, I did not (forgot to) click Save for the edited secure note and then closed 1Password. When I went back to the secure note in 1Password, all my long edits in the secure notes were gone.

A lot of work was lost. It would be great if 1Password would auto-save drafts and show me that a certain secure note has a draft as well.

1Password Version: 7.1.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @msxtj,

Thanks for the suggestion. That is odd because we already do this, we automatically save your changes when you close the window, so you could go back to it later as needed.

I'm not able to reproduce this, here's a video of doing this.

Can you try again as a test and see if it works and if not, are your steps different from what I did in the video?

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,

I really appreciate you made a recording of this. I must say that, for unknown reasons, there were actually two entries for the same secure note with the same title. It was a fresh import from 1Password 4, and only for that important note, there were two. One was edited, and I was looking for the changes in the other note. Turns out I didn't lost my data.

I am not sure how there were two copies, but I merged the content manually and kept one copy. Only this secure note appeared as a duplicate, so I think it is a one-off thing.

Thanks for the help.

• Hi @msxtj,

You're welcome, I'm glad you didn't lose anything. That secure note duplicate item is a bit concerning, it could be that the item was in the vault a long time but 1Password 4 couldn't show it? There were a lot of validation and improvements we made to 1Password 7 to clean up older vaults.

This discussion has been closed.