Watchtower flags item despite using 1Password for TOTP

This discussion was created from comments split from: Not a big deal, but ....

Comments

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

Well, I'll take it if there are cases where 1Password is not able to enter your account and verify if 2FA has been set up or not. The 2FA tag is one way to force that. But, when I use 1Password's built-in OTP feature, and 1Password still doesn't know that OTP is being used, then I consider this a bug. See attached screenshot.

• I would agree that looks appears like it could be a bug. :) That screenshot doesn't look like anything I'm seeing in 1Password for Mac though... where are you seeing this?

Ben

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I am using 1Password Windows 7.1.567 (membership license). I am seeing this under the dropbox.com entry, filed under Inactive 2FA.

• Hi @msxtj,

Thanks for reporting it.

That is odd;

I updated it after adding 2FA. Was that specific item updated recently?

Can you create a new Dropbox item with fake data and enter secret in the OTP field, save it. Is it still showing that banner?

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

Yep, the reproducible steps for the bug are as follows:
    1) Edit an existing entry that has the 2FA red-banner warning
    2) Add OTP
    3) Save and still see the red-banner. Expected behaviour: the red-banner disappears immediately and is no longer filed in Inactive 2FA.

I closed 1Password completely and re-opened. The red-banner then disappeared.

The issue to fix is the immediate database refresh when an item is saved.

• msxtj
    msxtj
    Community Member

The same problem happens for the purple banner (and potentially all Watchtower warnings): "Don't use the same password on multiple websites. Generate a unique password to improve security."

I edit the entry's password to a unique one and save. The banner does not go immediately. Only a full restart of the app fixes that.

• Hi @msxtj,

In that case, it is a known issue and will be fixed in the next update.

This discussion has been closed.