Cannnot sign in on my iPhone after I changed my master password.

hirof
hirof
Community Member

I updated my master password last night. I use 1Password on Windows PC, iMac, iPad and iPhone. I found the records are not synced on the iPhone. I relaunched 1Password, used touch ID, and got Sign-In Error screen. I entered the new master password, but the records are still not synced. I relaunched 1Password, and it gave me the Sign-In Error screen again. I am pretty much sure I enter the correct new password. The new password works OK on Windows PC, iMac and iPad. Please help!

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot signin

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @hirof

As long as you still have access to your 1Password data on your other devices, you can try simply deleting and reinstalling the 1Password app on your phone. That will reset it and likely flush out any issues you are having re-establishing the connection to your data.

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

Corey,

Thanks a lot for your prompt support. I followed your instruction, and it fixed my problem. Does this kind of thing sometimes happen?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@hirof

Great to hear that solved things. Yeah, sometimes things get a little wonky with Master Password changes not syncing to devices. It's not that common of an occurrence, but it does happen. It's generally an easy fix, as you can see.

• hirof
    hirof
    Community Member

Noted. Thanks again!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Happy to help @hirof. :)

This discussion has been closed.