To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

after last upgrade $ items have tripled can't login on all devices what is my membership? how to fix

Options
cmr1109
cmr1109
Community Member

Everything was ok until the last upgrade/purchase/membership.

• I don't understand what exactly I purchased
  • how to use it on all devices - fine on my computers and iPad but had to purchase additional for iPhone
  • all of my "items" have tripled, how to get rid of duplicates? Or is this a family or work account and these are from the other accounts?
  • I would appreciate it so much if someone would talk to me, tell me what I have and if it doesn't meet my needs then tell me what will.

For future use here is what I could really use!! How can you make this work for me, please?
I am an executive personal assistant and need to safely keep everyone's passwords and personal information.

SO, is this 3 different subscriptions? What type-are their options?

Client 1) - passwords, accounts and information she can access on her mac, iPhone, 2 iPads
- the above, plus my notes and additional info that only I can access and am able to access on all of my devices mac, iPhone, iPad

Client 2) - same as for Client 1 but totally separate. only addition is that one of my devices is a PC

Client 3) My personal passwords - only needs to be accessed by me on iPhone, iPad, mac

I know I've purchased 1Password several times --- at least 3 -- but this last time seemed different.

Please help me get this straightened out so I, and my clients, can be happy 1Password customers.

Thank you!!

Cathy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:after last upgrade $ items have tripled can't login on all devices what is my membership? how to fix

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Everything was ok until the last upgrade/purchase/membership. I don't understand what exactly I purchased how to use it on all devices - fine on my computers and iPad but had to purchase additional for iPhone

@cmr1109: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry for the confusion. That's exactly what you purchase with a 1Password.com membership: a subscription for all of the apps, built in sync, and automatic offsite backup and item history (among other benefits).

all of my "items" have tripled, how to get rid of duplicates? Or is this a family or work account and these are from the other accounts?

You probably don't need more than one account. But if you've migrated your 1Password data to your account multiple times (for instance, on each of a few different devices) you could have duplicates. We recommend doing this only once. Can you tell me what you're using?

I would appreciate it so much if someone would talk to me, tell me what I have and if it doesn't meet my needs then tell me what will. For future use here is what I could really use!! How can you make this work for me, please? I am an executive personal assistant and need to safely keep everyone's passwords and personal information. SO, is this 3 different subscriptions? What type-are their options?

Great question! If it's just you using 1Password, then an individual 1Password.com membership should be sufficient. However, if it would be useful for you to share securely with other people — for example, the folks you're assisting — then a 1Password Teams membership might be better. That would allow you to add them as additional users you pay for, or as guests, which only have access to a single vault you share with them. Regardless of which option you choose, I'd recommend the following:

Client 1) - passwords, accounts and information she can access on her mac, iPhone, 2 iPads - the above, plus my notes and additional info that only I can access and am able to access on all of my devices mac, iPhone, iPad
    Client 2) - same as for Client 1 but totally separate. only addition is that one of my devices is a PC

Probably best to use 1Password Teams so you'd be able to share vaults with them, but the important thing is you can create a separate vault for each client to organize and compartmentalize things.

Client 3) My personal passwords - only needs to be accessed by me on iPhone, iPad, mac

And you'll have your own Private vault which only you can ever access, even in a team setting.

I know I've purchased 1Password several times --- at least 3 -- but this last time seemed different. Please help me get this straightened out so I, and my clients, can be happy 1Password customers. Thank you!!

Sure thing! Let me know what you think so far, and if you'll give me some more information about what you're trying to do I'll be happy to help more. :)

This discussion has been closed.