From 4.4.3 to 6.8.9 via (missing) 5.4.3 app but available 5.4.3 license

garynunes
garynunes
Community Member

I've been running 1Password 4.4.3 on a Mac with OS 8.5 (Mountain Lion). I recently upgraded the Mac to El Capitan (10.11.6). That's as far as I can go (old machine) so no 1Password 7 for me (until and if I get a newer machine).

I have a license for 1Password 5.4.3 but can't find that app on your website. Consequently I downloaded 1Password 6.8.9 which is running in Trial mode. I thought I'd try using the 5.4.3 license but when I select Add License menu it brings up a file selection dialog. My license is in the form of a long string of alphanumeric characters (i.e., no file to select).

I tried going back to 4.4.3 but it shows no information (blank display). I assume that installing/running 6.8.9 modified the stored data structures since they do display in 6.8.9 (thanks for not warning about that by the way ... very convenient to lose access to the data ... or maybe the data was moved from where 4.4.3 expects it [Dropbox] ... just as convenient).

Anyway, I'm fine using 6.8.9 but not with paying full price for it. I paid around $25 for the 1Password 5 upgrade. I don't want to pay full price for 1Password 6 (having already paid for an, apparently useless, 1Password 5 upgrade, admittedly many years ago).

Do you have a solution?

Regards,
Gary Nunes

1Password Version: 4.4.3, 5.4.3, 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @garynunes

Your 1Password 5 license is not useless at all. It is in fact, valid for 1Password 6 as well. Check your email, I just resent your licenses to you. There should be a link there to apply your existing license to the app.

• garynunes
    garynunes
    Community Member

Corey_C,

The emailed 1Password 6 license worked (wouldn't apply automatically but was able to do it manually).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Gary Nunes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Corey, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.