Locked out of email

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2018 in iOS

Is there a difference in the way the data is presented for iOS and Windows? I attempted to log in to an barely used email account but could not find all the necessary info. Gmail shows the recovery email as partially covered asterisks. I guessed wrongly. Join date is present in 1Password but no figures.

Thanks.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I am uncertain but it may have had something to do with how the1Password login creation from Mobile Safari works which differs from Google login creation?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I'm not sure what you're referring to. 1Password isn't involved with Gmail. Can you elaborate?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I'm not sure what you're referring to. 1Password isn't involved with Gmail. Can you elaborate?

What I meant to say was that 1Password while in Mobile Safari can create new logins but it does not include (add) what Google adds which is Birthday, Gender, account recovery options and the date of joining.

I did not notice things from 1Password beyond name and password
    generation, but I have not tried another account creation since 2017.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Correct. There's limited information that can be collected on iOS. You can, however, edit the new login afterward if you want to add additional fields though. I always do this for "security questions". Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks. Google has become more stringent lately too.

I just used to get away with the minimum possible info I needed to put in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha me too. But after a few instances of "I wish I'd saved that", I try to go the extra mile now so I'm not kicking myself later. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi

There is a challenge for almost everybody: Either go with SSO or make the logins with individual emails . I chose individual but I also have 60 mail addresses. Thank you 1Password for makings things more manageable. Only slightly :).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! Indeed, it doesn't solve all of the problems I have in this area, but it sure helps me at least keep track of them. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I haven't discovered a set limit for the date of joining. Assuming I know the year, I have 12 attempts : Jan to Dec. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Fair enough!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Brent,

What I have noticed is that those emails added for recovery purposes are mirrors of the primary emails. Lots of duplication going on for notifications.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It can definitely get confusing if you use a lot of aliases/forwarding.

This discussion has been closed.