Ctrl-E Not Saving Vault Change

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

By default, I create new items in a vault named "To-Triage". That way, I can easily find newer items that I haven't finished the "polishing" on creating. I generally look at this vault from time to time, and for most items I might do some spelling corrections, add some notes, convert the lies I used for that site's "security questions" into obscured password fields and out of the notes section, and put the item into whatever vault I actually want it to be in.

I'm a keyboard guy, so I use Ctrl-E to start editing the item. And when I'm done, I use Ctrl-E to end editing and save the changes. This still seems to mostly work. But when I try it after changing the vault of an item, the new vault isn't saved. After the Ctrl-E to end editing, it's still showing the "To-Triage" vault.

P.S. It would be easier to copy/paste the "Additional Information" if the About text were copyable.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 10.13.5
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:Ctrl-E Not Saving Vault Change

Comments

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Oh, yes. One other thing. Using the mouse to click the "Save" button does save the vault change.

• @RonHeiby,

I'm a keyboard guy, so I use Ctrl-E to start editing the item. And when I'm done, I use Ctrl-E to end editing and save the changes. This still seems to mostly work. But when I try it after changing the vault of an item, the new vault isn't saved. After the Ctrl-E to end editing, it's still showing the "To-Triage" vault

I think this is the first time i've ever seen anyone trying to use Cmd-E to exit editing. At least the way it was designed you should be able to use ESC or Cmd-. to cancel and Cmd-S to save. If its letting you Cmd-E while in edit mode that feels like the bug here as it really shouldn't be doing that.

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Sorry for saying "Ctrl" when I meant "Cmd". Even though I've been using the Mac for many years, I started out with keyboards where the only modifiers were Shift and Ctrl, and old habits.... Anyway, glad you figured out what I meant.

Thanks for the hint about Cmd-S, which I don't see anywhere in the menus. I do find under the "Item" menu, that Cmd-E can have one of two functions. If an item is not being edited, it is "Edit". And if an item is being edited, it is "Save Changes". Oh, and BTW, I find that ESC does not invoke the Cancel operation.

Since Cmd-E used to let me save and exit from edit mode, and the menus still say that that is what it's supposed to do, I'd argue that its having stopped doing what it used to do is the bug, not that it used to and is now fixed.

Sorry about not providing a screen capture, but when I press Cmd-Shift-4, the menu I'm trying to capture changes due to the modifier keys being pressed. Now I understand about the screen capture apps that have a delay.

• Command-E should work the same as Command-S. It always has in the past. It sure looks like a bug to me. The same behavior can be seen when choosing Item > Save Changes.

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Any idea when this bug might be fixed?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RonHelby - not if we've just discovered it, no. :) And we don't normally pre-announce release dates, even for bug-fixes, as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned, and thanks for letting us know about it. :)

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Understood. I was just thinking that since it was "just discovered" six months ago, then maybe there was either some progress on it that could be shared or maybe a reminder about it would be useful.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.