To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't log in to my online/sync account - can log in to standalone

wentzr
wentzr
Community Member

1) I purchased about a year ago, I have my account (secret) key printed out and wrote down my 1 master password.
That password works to get into the standalone 1password however I can not for the life of me sign in to my my sign in page.
Is the password used to log in to the sign in page a different password used to sign into the stand-alone software?
Did I mess up and forget to write down a master password for the online sign on page?
If so is there a way to reset my online sign in page master password?
Everything works great and has for me for months with the stand-alone app, i have backup files and have been able to install the license via backup file on my multiple computers but just can't sign in to myacct.1password.com... no i'm not literally using that URL. . . I am using my own.

2) If I enable dropbox sync on two machines will that indeed keep records and do a 2 way sync between the two machines or does that just make a backup on my dropbox of each instance's db?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@wentzr: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

Is the password used to log in to the sign in page a different password used to sign into the stand-alone software?

It certainly could be. The only way you'd be certain to have the same Master Password both for logging into the site and unlocking the app is if you either used the same one when setting up both, and/or you only have the account setup in the app, no local vaults. The app will unlock using the Master Password of the first account/vault you have setup in it.

Did I mess up and forget to write down a master password for the online sign on page?

It sounds like that may be the case.

If so is there a way to reset my online sign in page master password?

It cannot be 'reset'. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your account unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

Everything works great and has for me for months with the stand-alone app, i have backup files and have been able to install the license via backup file on my multiple computers but just can't sign in to myacct.1password.com... no i'm not literally using that URL. . . I am using my own.

That's good to know. Do you have a Primary vault in the app, and is all of your data in that vault? That might give us a good option.

2) If I enable dropbox sync on two machines will that indeed keep records and do a 2 way sync between the two machines or does that just make a backup on my dropbox of each instance's db?

Dropbox is not a backup service, so it's best not to treat it as one. It can be used to sync data between devices, but it will also sync data that is damaged or deleted. With a 1Password.com account, everything in your account will be both backed up automatically offsite and sync'd seamlessly between devices. Dropbox isn't involved with that.

ref: KVE-72918-646

This discussion has been closed.