Improve Windows 10 App and Edge extension design/UI

DearRoboto
DearRoboto
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey folks,
I have just migrated from Mac to PC and started by downloading 1Password version of Windows 10.
Unfortunately, as soon as the app loaded I was a bit surprised by how much the quality and attention to detail differs from the Mac and iOS version.
In those versions, everything is neatly spaced out and aligned. but on Windows, everything seems tightly squeezed, not on par with its counterpart OS version.

I really would like this improvement coming since I really love 1P and feel it's a shame to not have an equally awesome app for this platform.

Just my 2 cents :)

All the best

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 design improvements

Comments

• Hi @DearRoboto,

Thanks for writing in.

Check out what 1Password for Windows used to look like a year and half year ago in its first 1Password 6.0 release:

We started over with a new codebase with the focus for the next decade on Windows with 1Password 6 but you can bet that we're going to keep polishing the 1Password app continuously on Windows and get it on par with the macOS version. 1Password is probably the most consistent Windows version (compared to macOS) we've ever done but we have a lot of catching up to do.

The macOS version is several years ahead of us (it is our flagship platform after all), we're catching up as fast as humanly possible. In terms of design and developing with it, macOS has Windows beat in that area. Microsoft is trying to catch up with its Fluent Design System on Windows 10 but that's still in flux and limited to Windows 10 whereas the same UI design on macOS can easily be adopted every year. It's much easier to support Hi-DPI scaling on macOS than it is on Windows, which makes sense when Apple builds all of its hardware whereas Windows have to support nearly-infinite number of hardware combinations.

This discussion has been closed.