Won't sync with Dropbox

Options
RRockley
RRockley
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iMac, PC (at work) and iPhone.

I just purchased a Macbook Pro and loaded 1Password. Now it won't sync any more via Dropbox. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 on PC
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@RRockley,

Tons of questions in order to get started here…

1. what version of 1Password did you put on your Mac?
    2. did you buy a license for 1Password on your Mac?
    3. depending on the answer to question 1, are you pointed at the same file on Dropbox on Mac, PC and iPhone?
  • RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy

Not at home now so can't tell you Mac version. I can post that this evening. But I do know that I purchased a license for PC, Mac and iPhone. It was a few years ago but I think it was a combo license for all three.

They're all pointed at the same dropbox. Normally syncs across all three with no trouble.

Also, for some reason the groupings have changed. I used to have have my work logins appearing in a separate "work" folder. That folder has gone. (Was there last week.) The logins all seem to be there, but no folder.

• rudy
    Options

@RRockley,

Looking forward to the other answers.

It might've been possible for a PC and Mac combined license, but that would never have included iPhone.

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

Mac version is 6.8.9 (689001) Purchased 9.1.14 ("can be used ...on as many Macs as needed") - I paid $48.99. I thought it was for Mac, PC and iPhone, but I could be wrong.

iPhone version 7.0.6

I had to change a work password today for a bank I use regularly - changed on 1Password on my work PC. I now have three different passwords stored in 1Password for this bank - the correct one is on my work PC, and I've just realized it was synched to my Macbook, so the correct one there too. My iMac and iPhone each have different (and wrong) passwords. Strange.

Richard

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

It was setting up 1Password on my new Macbook over the weekend that caused the problem somehow. I'm pretty sure it was working fine before. Thanks again for any help you can give.

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

I went back and re-synched all devices with Dropbox. Looks like it's working for now. Not sure why it went wrong. Thanks for your input - looks like I'm OK for now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RRockley - I'm glad to hear things appear to have righted themselves. Definitely let us know if you continue to have problems of this nature, however. We're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.