Customising Icons

Is it now possible to customise rich icons in the latest version 7.1.567 ?

The reason I ask is that your release notes for v7.0.558 state on two occasions the following

<< Custom icon for your items is now available; 1Password will sync your existing custom icons from your 1Password account and you can now edit your items, click on its icon to add or remove a custom icon. {OPW-238, OPW-1407} >>

and

<< You can now add a custom icon using the clipboard that contains either an image file, a URL to the image file itself, or the file paths copied via Windows File Explorer. {OPW-1854} >>

I understand that you held this feature back on the initial release of v7. However with all the subsequent releases (including betas), I've never been able to do this.

Can you please advise ….

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 1803
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Swivel_Eyes,

Thanks for writing in.

We didn’t hold it back completely from 1Password 7.0, it is only available for 1Password accounts, but not yet for standalone vaults. We have it listed as a known issue here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87401/known-issues-for-1password-7-for-windows/p1

We don’t have a timeframe on when it is coming, custom icons for 1Password accounts is available quickly because we can reuse the same API as the Document file upload. Custom icons for standalone vaults is saved differently and as part of the item itself, so it’ll take a bit longer to implement.

This discussion has been closed.