Notes fields are not rendered with markdown — only Secure Notes are

Options
13»

Comments

• StarPine
    StarPine
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty You can use ``` at the beginning and end to activate preformatted text.

In my 1password environment, this means when using 2 tabs gets me markdown, so every entry in my secure note which uses 2 or more tabs would need '', which works, but completely defeats the purpose of making my secure notes in edit mode readable.
    The behaviour is also not consistent, sometimes it does happen, sometimes it doesn't, which makes troubleshooting for me very difficult. I use secure notes for instance to report user hardware and use their name, make, model and specs.
    Using tabs makes the input more readable then using spaces, but markdown rendering is not consistent.
    So now you suggest I use '' random in my text, which I regularly share with my clients, so I don't consider your tip a solution, but fixing a problem that shouldn't have to be a problem. I just need to disable markdown in my case, plain and simple.
    Please make an effort to just being able to disable markdown, I would be glad to help in any beta testing if needed.
    Have a nice day.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@d_thomson - thanks for the feedback! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StarPine - as has already been mentioned in this thread, we are indeed looking into ways to refine Markdown rendering in 1Password Secure Notes and notes fields, and make it more user-configurable. Thanks for letting us know your unusual use-case! :)

• StarPine
    StarPine
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars improving markdown would be great, please keep me updated and if you need a beta tester, I am your guy!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StarPine - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.