Can't set the android app to use my dropbox vault

Aidan854
Aidan854
Community Member

After recently accientally converting my vault to an opvault because i mistakenly downloaded version 7 instead of 4 on my PC; I decided to use the opvault instead of the agialkeychain, because 4 (PC) seems to be able to use them anyway.

This ment I needed to reinstall the android 1password inorder to point it to the new vault file in dropbox. I did so and now it's not accepting any vault. By any vault I mean that even though I rename the legacy vault back to it's original name it still gets stuck.

To explain the proccess I go through:

• Reinstall from google play
  • Open app
  • Choose "Dropbox" as the vault location
  • It asks dropbox for permissions to my files twice (as in i accept it once then it asks agian) ( An error appears after this second permissions screen: "cannot dismiss dialog: illegal argument exception" )
  • It then searches my dropbox and finds the opvault and asks me if I want to use this vault
  • I click to use that vault
  • Then it begins looking for a vault agian and asking to use the same vault i just said to use, this is were it loops near infinately as far as im aware.

Perhaps something of note: an error message pops up when I navigate back to previous screen (where my vault is), something about an inability to close a dialog box (same error as the one from the second permissions screen).

The error message that briefly flashes in a android popup:
cannot dismiss dialog(
[illegal argument exception
(view=com.andoid.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView(Some code that seems to always change) not attached to window manager)
]
)

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:android 1password 6.8 dropbox vault can't use

Comments

• Aidan854
    Aidan854
    Community Member

Things I've tried:

• Renaming legacy back to agilkeychain and removing the opvault and using the agilkeychain instead
    • Removing all vaults from my dropbox and then readding them from a PC
    • Re-installing the 1password app after pretty much any of these changes
    • Browsing to the vault instead of using it's auto selected (found) one
  • Hey @Aidan854. Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing. You should be able to sync the new OPVault folder rather than the legacy vault, and in fact I recommend doing so. I'm happy to help get it sorted.

Do you have the Dropbox app installed on your Android device, or are you using the built-in webview in 1Password?

• Aidan854
    Aidan854
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hi @peri

Yep both are not connecting with the app.

Just the app, I'm not a subscriber so don't have access to the online stuff (I don't mind not having edit / create functionality from the phone, read is fine).

Oh if it helps at all, im using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-19195T)

• saad
    edited July 2018

@Aidan854 Do you have Developer Options enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? If you do, could you disable it and try configuring Dropbox sync with 1Password once again? There are specific preferences in there that can change the normal behaviour of your Android apps, including 1Password. Let me know if disabling Developer Options fixes the issue.

• Aidan854
    Aidan854
    Community Member

Hi @saad

That's worked! I would have never thought of this as a possible cause.

I'm a web developer so having this option enabled for debugged websites is alot of help. I havn't tried it yet but i'm going to assume that having thedeveloper options enabled would only affect the initial sync process. Hopefully I can enable it now that the app has started syncing with the vault.

For those who find this; all I did to disable the developer options is open the developer options from settings and toggle the enabled option at the top of the list (green toggle element on my version). I didn't need to go into application manager and clear the settings app data to hide it.

Thanks very much for your help @saad and @peri

• @Aidan854 You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that fixed the problem and you were able to configure Dropbox sync with your vault. You may encounter unexpected behaviours with 1Password and other apps if you enable Developer Options again. I've noticed two settings in Developers Options that causes problems like the one you just experienced. If you need to have Developer Options enabled, I would recommend disabling Don't keep activities and keeping Background process limit to standard. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.