Imported passwords not auto filling.

Hello,

I am currently looking to move from LastPass to 1Password. However, I have some issues at the moment.

1. My imported passwords from LastPass are not autofilling in Chrome nor Safari on both Windows and Mac. This is despite going to the extensions and clicking fill.

2. New passwords that are created in 1Password are autofilling in Chrome fine. However, the fills are saved as bot as both username and password in 1Password itself. Choosing it fills the fields correctly. This will be an issue if I need to go into the 1Password to find the exact password or username for whatever reason.

3. I understand that 1Password is not updated for Mac Mojave yet as it is still in beta. As I have not used it in High Sierra (I only started yesterday), I have no idea how is it supposed to behave on Safari. Is there supposed to be the 1Password logo on the right side of the fields? It is not appearing in my Safari. If it is, I will attribute to it being beta on Mac and wait for an update.

1Password Version: Mac 7.0.7
Extension Version: 1.8.0 Chrome (Windows) 12.0 Safari (Mac Mojave)
OS Version: Windows 10 and Mac OS Mojave (Beta)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jaemian,

Safari 12, the version that is in the Mojave betas will only allow an extension to be installed from the Safari Extension Gallery. Can you try the following and see if the extension installs.

1. Open Safari and enter Safari's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Extensions tab.
    3. Search the list of installed extensions. If you discover an entry for 1Password Safari Extension please uninstall it.
    4. Restart Safari.
    5. Install a fresh copy of the extension from 1Password Safari Extension from Apple's Safari Extension Gallery.

Do you find that helps for Safari?

I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue you're asking about in question 2 I'm afraid. It sounds like you're saying the Login item is working so can you help me understand what the issue is please and I'll do my best to help.

Importing can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. A Login item saved in the browser can contain a lot more than just a username and password and sometimes that's important. I have a couple of questions to see if we can narrow down the cause. Pick a single site, one for which there was an imported item.

1. Does the item show up when viewing only the Login items in your vault or does it appear in a different category?
    2. If it is a Login item, what URL is saved in the website field, does the URL match the URL for the sign-in form?
    3. If you manually visit the sign-in form for the site and click on the 1Password button in the browser toolbar does 1Password automatically list the Login item in the Suggested Items section of 1Password mini or do you have to search for the item?
  • jaemian
    jaemian
    Community Member

Hello @littlebobbytables

Thank you for the reply.

I am unable to find the extension from the official Safari Extension store that is accessed from Safari -> Extensions. The extension that I had was a link I found from the beta section of the forums. I have reinstalled the extension from your link provided but it still does not appear on the right of the fields section. The extension however appears beside the address bar.

My second points refers to the issue where every new data saved are saved as "bot". When I open the 1Password application and look for the usernames and passwords that were recently saved, they are shown to me as:

Username: "bot"
    Password: "bot"

Using the fill function in Chrome or Windows return and fill the fields as the correct data. The issue is that it is shown as "bot" in the application.

Most of my imports are fixed now after reimporting them in a new window on Chrome on Windows.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaemian,

It sounds like you might be using 1Password X elsewhere as that as an inline menu. The standard extension, the one available in Apple's Safari Extension Gallery has no UI of its own beyond the 1Password button in the toolbar. Everything else is provided by the native 1Password application.

The second aspect you mention sounds quite odd, the displayed username and password should show the correct values as they are meant to be directly linked to the values that get filled. Can you try something for me please.

1. Pick any site you wish, a good selection would probably be one for which you've already seen this issue.
    2. Save a Login item in Chrome. It doesn't have to be using real account credentials, I like to use somebody@example.com with peekaboo in my own testing.
    3. Save a new Login item in Safari using the standard extension. Our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser can help with how to do this using the native application.

Q1. Can you confirm the version number of the 1Password extension used in 2 for me please.
    Q2. What displays for the username and password in the saved Login item from 2?
    Q3. Does the item saved in Safari correctly display the username and password?
    Q4. If you're comfortable doing so, what was the URL you used for testing?

• jaemian
    jaemian
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables

I have not been able to get 1Password working properly on Safari yet. The Safari -> Safari Extension pop-up does not show 1Password in the list. Searching 1Password in the App Store shows only the app which I have already installed (as a Mac application). I have installed it through the link you have provided, but it only appears beside the address bar to the left (this is the inline menu you're talking about I presume?) The username and password fields in various website does not show a popup nor the option of entering a new password. It also does not show the icon in the field. The only way I can get the items filled is picking the option in the inline menu and clicking fill.

Q1. <1.8.1>,
    Q2. "bot", "bot"
    Q3. Unable to complete this.
    Q4. https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg/IB/Welcome

Versions:

Safari 1Password Extension: 4.7.1
    Chrome 1Password X Extension: 1.8.1

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Hi @jaemian,

The standard extension is quite different from the 1Password X one. The inline menu I referred to includes the 1Password badge on the field with focus, none of this is present with the standard extension. The support pages Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC and How to save a Login manually in your browser can show you what to expect when you use the standard extension where 1Password for Mac provides the UI (User Interface). As long as you have the 1Password button in the Safari toolbar then the extension is installed correctly and it is likely that it is working.

I've done a test as you were kind enough to supply the URL and I believe you will find 1Password does a better job of identifying the username and password if you save a new item using the standard extension with 1Password 7.0.7 for Mac.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#201

This discussion has been closed.