Accessing IzAtCloud.net?

Kerfuffles
Kerfuffles
Community Member

Just bought a 1Password Family license this morning. I've installed the app on my Android phone, but I'm having trouble registering. I've noticed that whenever I attempt to sign-in, my Firewall is blocking access to IzAtCloud.net.

Is this valid?

Thanks,
K.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kerfuffles: That's not us. Qualcomm owns that domain. It sounds like they may be taking the opportunity to phone home for some reason. You'd have to ask them why. Are you maybe using some built-in "VPN" or "proxy" on the device (which is most certainly powered by Qualcomm networking hardware, if not software as well)?

• Kerfuffles
    Kerfuffles
    Community Member

It sounds like they may be taking the opportunity to phone home for some reason.
    Yes, I think that it's something to do with updating GPS details. After seeing this access every single time I tried to add my account, today it has simply gone away.

Many thanks and sorry for wasting your time.

• Thanks for the update, @Kerfuffles. I'm glad to hear everything is back to normal now. Please let us know if you ever need anything else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thanks for following up. I think that actually makes sense, to batch network processes for when you're trying to connect to something anyway. But I think I would have had the same reaction to that at first myself. :)

This discussion has been closed.