How do I delete my Dropbox "vault" added as a second vault by mistake?

Options
tobeycarol
tobeycarol
Community Member

I was using 1Password 6.0 on my iMac and syncing with Dropbox to several other devices. I was on a family license. Today I signed up for my own 1Password account on my iMac using 1Password 7 and added my Primary Vault and plan to use the 1Password sync service. I have not yet deleted my previous "old" vault which I used with 1Password 6. Here's my problem: When I was adding 1Password to my iphoneX, by mistake I think I added the Dropbox vault as second vault. So I now have my Primary Vault and a "personal vault" which I assume is the Dropbox "vault." And now when I look at 1Password on my iMac and on my iPhoneX, all the entries are duplicated (2 of each), logins, secure notes, documents, etc. I still have to add several other mobile devices to my account (an ipad, a Macbook Air, and a Dell Windows computer, all of which synced via Dropbox). I'd like to delete the "personal vault" without affecting the Primary vault. And I also want to know how to sign in the other devices properly to avoid this error again. Since this issue arose I have not added or changed anything on 1Password. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I delete a "personal" dropbox account added a second account by mistake?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @tobeycarol

I'd be happy to help here. A few points that may prove helpful:

• Personal is the built-in vault with 1Password membership. If your intention is to use a 1Password membership then this is the vault you'll need to use.
    • Primary is the first-added standalone vault. We recommend removing this once you have set up your membership. If other standalone vaults exist they must be deleted first (the Primary vault must be the last deleted standalone vault).

We have instructions on moving your data to the membership vault and deleting the standalone vaults here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: YMA-66733-269

This discussion has been closed.