Problems with passwords filling

Options

Hello

3 sites:
https://bvi.bnc.ca/ password does fill, but does not show any bullet points, so I do know if it is filled until I click in the field, pressing enter recognize the password is there and I can login

https://www.tangerine.ca password does not fill at all, used to not autosubmit, now with beta 7.1beta0, does not even fill, Safari password can fill however

https://www.cdbn.ca/pcis/login.jsp?url=/.do password does not show in password field, I need to click in the field and then the bullet points shows and then I have to press enter or login ( note it is not invisible as in bvi.bnc.ca as above, it is simply not there until I click in the field

all new problems with 7.1 beta 0, extension is 4.7.1 ( as I cannot install 4.7.2 )

I am reverting to the stable version, until this is fixed

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited July 2018
    Options

@gilles9,

thanks for the heads up! I have let the filling team know they've got definite regressions in the new code.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

same problem with 7.1 beta 1

Please advise when this will be fixed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: We don't have any way of knowing. The new filling engine in the beta is still very much in development. We'll continue to work on it though, and if you find any other issues in the beta let us know. :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I read here, that "autosubmit" will be history with Mojave
    so be it I can press "enter" to submit
    somehow a regression ( for security reasons ) but not 1P fault

just ensure the filling is enhanced to work properly, without having to always raise a bug as here for 7.1beta0 and subsequent

note: we used to be able to file directly pages that did not work properly, have you change the location for this function in 1P or.... it is history as well ?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I read here, that "autosubmit" will be history with Mojave
    so be it I can press "enter" to submit
    somehow a regression ( for security reasons ) but not 1P fault

@Gilles9: Indeed, the Safari integration (Safari app extensions) method that Apple is requiring going forward doesn't support autosubmit the way we've been doing it, and there doesn't seem to be an alternative at this time.

just ensure the filling is enhanced to work properly, without having to always raise a bug as here for 7.1beta0 and subsequent

Yep! That's why we're testing the new filling Brain in the beta. ;)

note: we used to be able to file directly pages that did not work properly, have you change the location for this function in 1P or.... it is history as well ? Thanks

Can you tell me specifically what you're trying to do? Happy to point you in the right direction. :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty When a site did not work properly, filling or autosubmiting or ?, there was an option in 1P mini to submit to your "filling Brain"
    that has disappeared from the menu
    I had to use this forum about 3 sites malfunctionning ( OP above )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: Correct. The "report website issue" option didn't work properly in more and more cases, so we removed it since people had to contact us to tell us about a problem they were having anyway. Sorry for the confusion. It is something we hope to bring back in the future if we can get it working better. But frankly the only way to get help is by contacting us directly. Otherwise the best we can do is try to figure it out and improve things in a future version, which takes time. We can often make suggestions that help if you actually talk to us. :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Beta 3....the three sites meantionned in the original post
    are still not fixed

still exactly the same problems

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Gilles9,

1. https://bvi.bnc.ca/ When you say "...pressing enter recognize the password is there..." is it the case that if you fill, that keyboard focus is left on the username field and if you press enter you can successfully log in even though at first glance it doesn't look like the password field has filled or do you need to click on the password field first and then you can successfully log in?
    2. https://www.cdbn.ca/pcis/login.jsp?url=/.do The same question as above, if you fill and then press enter are you presented with an error message and cannot log in unless you click on the password field or are you able to proceed even with the visual anomaly?

As I'm not based in Canada I don't have accounts with any of these banks. I'm trying to gain a better understanding of what you see as a genuine customer versus my lesser attempts given I do not have real account credentials to work with.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi

1. yes, I can click enter and I will be logged in, the password field looks empty, however if I click in the password field, the serie of dot will appear... this is working OK with 7.0.7 only the 7.1 betas act that way
    2. Here it is different, the cursor is not in any of the 2 fields ( user neither password ) if I press tab, then the cursor goes inthe user's field and enter will log me in even if the password field does not show any dot points

you don't need account, fake ones will do, for www.cdbn.ca it is an eight numbers for the user
    for bvi.bnc.ca the user's is a 12 numbers serie
    password for both is anything you can imagine
    I think you can test the filling with this information, indeed you'll never log in

for tangerine.ca ( which you do not mention, enter any 8 digits in the client number, it will bring you to a second page for password and that is the place where 1password does not fill the password fill at all ( not hidden, just nothing )...in thi slater case, autosubmit does not work

note : everything works fine with 7.0.7 except for tangerine where autosubmit does not work, lesser pain

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hello
    you ask for feedback about 1Password 7.1beta4

well the sites I mentionned in my original post, and my latest post (August 8th )
    are not fixed

o if this is your release candidate, i'll have to pass if not getting a last minute fix

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see you've been chatting with Dave about the current state of filling. There's very little I will be able to add to what he has said. 1Password 7.1 is now out, we'll have to see what future versions bring in terms of filling improvements.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have noticed that 7.1.1 does not solve my filling problems for the three above (OP) mentionned sites
    Tangerine does not fill at all in the password field
    the two others fill secretly, you do not see the filling but it is there
    I'll wait for subsequent releases, beta and public releases
    for now I'll have to stick with 7.0.7 which works correctly

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hang in there. We've got a lot of great stuff in the works for the new filling engine. :)

This discussion has been closed.