Issues with new filling engine in 1Password for Mac 7.1 beta

boncious
boncious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I'm having trouble with getting 1Password to fill in log in information for Brave browser. It opens the 1Password window, but when I click "fill" it does nothing. Any suggestions what this could be? Saving seems to work without a hitch, just the filling part isn't.

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue, @boncious - but am very new to Brave. Not sure if it's 1PBeta or Brave that's the culprit. However, I have a similar problem with 1Password 7.1b0 and Safari. It is not filling in one particular entry for an internal website I use for work. That site has two or three credentials stored in 1P, and the other values work fine when selected, but, one of the 3 will not fill in Safari. Does make me wonder if there's something in 1P and filling that is a bit off for this beta.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@boncious, @doetraar: I hope you don't mind, but since this pertains to the beta version of 1Password for Mac, I've moved this discussion to the appropriate category.

You may have noticed that the new beta introduces some pretty big changes to filling:

We're really going to need to know the URLs for specific cases where you're having filling issues so we can test them and make any necessary changes.

For example, I'm not having any trouble filling here using the beta:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target=

But we've definitely had some reports of sites where it isn't working. Please let us know the URLs along with the exact OS, 1Password, extension, and browser versions so we can investigate. Thanks in advance!

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member

Sadly, @brenty, the locations that I'm having trouble with are all internal sites to my company (so far), which aren't resolvable or reachable from the Internet, so, that won't help you much in my case. What I can share:

OS: 10.14b3 (Beta on Beta - what could possibly go wrong?)
    1P: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-0 (70100000) AgileBits Beta
    Extension: Safari 4.7.1
    Browser: Version 12.0 (14606.1.22.2)

Note that this ALSO is happening on:

Browser: Brave 0.23.31 - with their built in Extension

However, it's mostly Safari that I use. It seems to work under Firefox (which I also use)

• rudy
    edited July 2018

I believe the brave browser is going to need to update their integrated extension in order for this to work.

• boncious
    boncious
    Community Member

@brenty sorry for posting it in the wrong category! I've now resolved the issue, as it was due to the fact that I had installed the BETA version. Now I've installed the Mac App Store version and everything works flawlessly. It was Brave 0.23.31 version that did not want to play "nicely" with the 1Password extension. It wasn't just specific sites, it was internet wide - I didn't stumble upon a single site that would work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@boncious: No worries! I mainly mentioned it as a sanity check to make sure we're on the same page. :) I'm glad that the stable version is working for you, and we'll keep working on the new version as well.

This discussion has been closed.