Rich icons not updated

Hello,

I updated a bunch of icons in the web app.
Both desktops and mobile apps reflected the changes.
1passwordX remove the old icons but didn't show the new ones.

Is this normal behavior ?

Cheers

1Password Version: 1.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey guys,

I guess what @Ashokleyland is referring to has been updated with 1.8.1 (in the main window). The problem I still see here is in the suggestions that opens next to the input field -> there I still cannot see the custom rich icons.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Thanks @ondrejfuhrer, you're right everything's fine in 1.8.1, i've just been updated on Firefox.

• @Ashokleyland: Thanks for reporting this! There was a bug in 1.8 in Firefox where monogram icons were being displayed instead of custom icons. We released a fix for it in 1.8.1 which seems to have allowed things to work again for you. Let me know if you run into any similar issues, though.

@ondrejfuhrer: Custom icons should show up in the inline menu (they do for me in 1.8.1). Can you tell me what icon is showing instead? Is it a monogram icon? Also, which browser are you seeing this behavior in?

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @DaltonD ,

Yes, the monogram icon is displayed instead and the browser is Firefox (Nightly 63.0a1). Here is how I see it (removed pages and login names) :

• Thanks for sharing that screenshot, @ondrejfuhrer, that's very interesting to see. Custom icons should definitely be showing up in the inline menu there. Would you be willing to check the console logs and let me know if you see any errors? Here's how to do that:

1. Reproduce the issue by opening the inline menu and noticing that monogram icons are showing instead of custom icons.
    2. Right-click anywhere on the page and select Inspect Element from the context menu.
    3. Select the Console tab.

Are any errors or warnings displayed there?

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hey @DaltonD

Thanks for the quick reply. There are no errors in the console tab, unfortunately. Only some unrelated errors from that site (source maps parsing) so I assume that should not affect the extension in any way.

PS: Extension just got updated to 1.8.2 and the issue still persist, still no error in the console.

• Thanks for checking that out, @ondrejfuhrer. Since the issue seems to be specific to the inline menu, I thought the errors would show up in that console log if there were any. It's still possible that there are errors being logged in the background log, though. Would you be willing to check there as well?

1. Open Firefox and go to about:debugging#addons
    2. Select "Enable add-on debugging".
    3. Click "Debug" underneath "1Password X - Password Manager". Firefox should open the console log in a separate window. Click Ok if a prompt appears.
    4. In the top right corner of the console, enable "Persist Logs".
    5. With the console open, open the inline menu and ensure that custom icons are not appearing as expected.

Do any errors appear in the log that seem related? Along with that, I'd also be curious to know whether the custom icons appear properly in Chrome if you happen to use 1Password X there too.

I apologize for all of the extra work I'm asking you to do here. This is the first I'm hearing of any issues with custom icons not loading and I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my end so I definitely appreciate how helpful you've been.

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hey @DaltonD ,

I don't have the Chrome extension installed, I could test it when I have time. There are actually a lot of errors in there, more then I would expect.

Even when I opened it through the debug option for "1Password X - Password Manager" there were quite a few.

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at eval (“default-src”)
    Unknown localization message filterset_title_video ExtensionI18nService.js:7
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
    Error: ID already exists: remove-open-in-this-container ext-menus.js
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ExtensionMessagingService.js:24
    Error: ID already exists: separator ext-menus.js
    Error: ID already exists: hide-container ext-menus.js
    Error: ID already exists: move-to-new-window-container ext-menus.js
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Frame not found, or missing host permission
    background.js:1

When I reloaded that page and opened the menu, more came:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist  background.js:1
    ClientError: "Please authenticate with MFA" background.js:1:779986
    ClientError: "Please authenticate with MFA" background.js:1:779986
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:1

Is this what could be the source of the issue? Or you need more detail?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer: Sorry for the delay! I'll check with @DaltonD and see where he's at in troubleshooting your issue. Additionally, this thread has sparked my interest so I'll see if I can find out what's happening. @DaltonD or I will follow up soon. Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.