updated to 7.1.BETA-0 but still running 7.0.5.BETA-3

ddlamb
ddlamb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Here's a headscratcher. I'm getting notifications to update to 7.1.BETA-0, which I swear I already did. I even have the notification in Notification Center to prove it. But when I go to the 1P 'About' menu, it shows I'm still running 7.0.5.BETA-0.

Not only that, the updater insists on telling me I've got an update available, but when I click the banner, the updater tells me I'm up to date. It helpfully does this about every ten minutes.

I have no idea which 1P version I'm actually running but I believe this happened with the last update too (though that notification is now gone with the wind, along with my memories).

1Password Version: 7.0.5.BETA-3
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN/iCloud

Comments

• @ddlamb,

Did you launch the copy of 1Password from your ~/Downloads folder or otherwise copy it out of there using a means other than the Finder?

You may have been bitten by an OS feature called AppTranslocation. It puts the application you launched onto a read-only disk image that it mounts off in /var/private/folders.

you can confirm this by launching 1Password, and then running the df command in Terminal.app; if you see any applications with AppTranslocation in their path, you've been Translocated.

You'll want to quit 1Password completely (cmd + opt + control + q) and delete the application and re-download it from https://app-updates.agilebits.com and use the Finder to move the application to /Applications.

This discussion has been closed.