Auto logout not working for browser session

Hi Guys, I found a little issue with your auto logout feature
1. Login to 1Password X browser plugin
2. Click on vault selector and then "administrate" -->This automatically logs into my.1password.com Website without further need of entering password
3. Lock PC -->This locks the X-Plugin
4. unlock: X-PLugin is as expected locked, my,1password.com website opened by the App is still open

Expected behaviour: If the login is done via the X-Plugin (click Administrate) the auto logout is also valid for the opened my.1password.com website.

Not expected: when my.1password.com is opened manual by entering my.1password.com in browser I would need to authenticate separate - here I would expect the website session rules (defined timer applies)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

Any one ideas on this?

• dalton
    edited July 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, @telephoneman! Even though we're able to sign you in to 1Password.com automatically through 1Password X (by clicking Admin, editing an item, etc), the session for 1Password.com still follows its own rules. You can define how often 1Password.com should require authentication by adjusting the "Auto-Lock" preference in your profile.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

ah ok - so thats the same type of session. So it makes sense that the Auto Lock rules from Website apply here

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: Yup! That's how it works now, but we do plan to improve this in a future release of 1Password X.

Thanks again for bringing this up! It's a great question. :smile:

-Beyer

This discussion has been closed.