Password Recipe Win/Android vs iOS

Options

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a repost, I haven't been able to find much on the topic.

I've been using 1password for just under a year. I've noticed a difference when creating passwords on my iPad versus my Android phone and the Windows App.

When generating a password on my iPad I get a nice menu allowing me to adjust the amount of digits and symbols I can add to the password.

But I don't see this on the Windows and Android versions. (The password generator for 1password X is the same).

Sometimes a password will generate without a digit, it's a very small thing but my OCD doesn't like it. I like to have an equal number of digits and symbols :chuffed:

Is there plans to include this in an upcoming build? Or make iOS and Windows more similar and a more streamlined experience.

Regards,
-James

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @greenej,

Thanks for writing in. We definitely are going to be improving this in all 1Password apps relatively soon.

I know it doesn't seem like it should be this hard but making 1Password experience consistent across all various platforms we support is one of the hardest tasks for us.

1Password for Windows was one of the first to adopt the streamlined password generator settings and all 1Password apps was going to follow it but as we got more feedback, we've decided we may have gone too far and decided to revisit it again, which is why some apps got out of sync, the iOS version never made the switch.

The recently improved Password Generator in the 1Password X extension is now the newest implementation that all 1Password apps will follow soon.

• greenej
    greenej
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @MikeT

which is why some apps got out of sync, the iOS version never made the switch.

The recently improved Password Generator in the 1Password X extension is now the newest implementation that all 1Password apps will follow soon.

So the iOS version, where you can adjust the amount of digits and symbols, will soon lose that functionality?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @greenej,

So the iOS version, where you can adjust the amount of digits and symbols, will soon lose that functionality?

Yes. It doesn't actually help to have any specific number of digits or symbols, as long as there is one or more. Password crackers do not know what you use or have, they can only guess and still have to guess every combinations.

If you wish to edit the password directly, you can do it inline.

This discussion has been closed.