my password to open the 1Password app on my iPhone is different than my desktop

Options
solway_family
solway_family
Community Member

How is it that my password to open the 1Password app on my iPhone is different than the password I use to open the app on my desktop and online?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.07
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @solway_family

Thanks for taking the time to write in. How are you syncing your 1Password data between these devices? Are you using a 1Password membership?

Please let me know.

Ben

• solway_family
    solway_family
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have a family plan...membership.

• Ben
    Options

I suspect the difficulty here is that one of the devices still has a “Primary” vault then. When a Primary vault exists the Master Password for that vault is used to unlock 1Password, rather than your 1Password membership account Master Password. Please check if your data has all been migrated from the Primary vault into a membership-based vault and then delete the Primary vault. Instructions can be found in our migration guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

(Scroll down to “Set up your other devices” if it doesn’t do so automatically)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• solway_family
    solway_family
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, that was it. Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

My next question is that I've added my wife to our family, however I don't see her account when I'm in the home screen for my family account.

• Ben
    Options

Yup, that was it. Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Great. Thanks for the update. :)

My next question is that I've added my wife to our family, however I don't see her account when I'm in the home screen for my family account.

What are you trying to accomplish? It sounds as though you may be expecting a particular workflow to operate differently than it does. Let me know -- we'll get you pointed in the right direction. :)

Ben

• solway_family
    solway_family
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. When I view my home screen, I see my vault, my daughters vault (that I can't access), the family shared vault, however I don't see my wifes vault. Howcome? Or how do I get a view of it so I know who has vaults within our family?

• Ben
    Options

@solway_family,

Nobody (including Family Organizers) ever has access to anyone else's Private vault, and as such that will not appear in the management interface. Only shared vaults can be managed. If you'd like to see a list of people who are part of your family you can do so on this page:

https://start.1password.com/people

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• solway_family
    solway_family
    Community Member
    Options

ok, but I can see my daughters vault, although i can't see any of her items. but there is an item that it looks like i've share with her that i can see. how do i copy an item to another vault if it's not listed?

• Ben
    Options

The vault you're referring to as your daughter's must be a shared vault. It wouldn't be her Private vault (which is named "Private" or "Personal" -- just as yours is).

You can learn about sharing here:

Create and share vaults | 1Password

and here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• solway_family
    solway_family
    Community Member
    Options

Got it now! Figured it out. Thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.