1Password overwrites perfect defaults with login credentials

Options

New Merge Request in Gitlab, while i am already logged in, 1Password fills out the Title with my login-mail, which is pretty annoying as it overwrites the default value which is usually perfect.

How can i turn that off?

Browser
In Chrome 67.0.3396.99

This is the input:

1Password Version: 1.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:gitlab

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alumnii: It sounds like you're using 1Password X, and this may be issue similar to one I've seen with another site. Can you give me the URL, or tell me how to get to a similar page, so I can test it?

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, well as my collaegues are also using 1Password with Mac and Chrome in Gitlab and don't see the issue i thought it would be a more general issue.

So if you wanna try it, you have to make a account on GitLab (https://gitlab.com/) open a project, and open a merge request with two different branches

• dalton
    Options

@alumnii: Thanks for sharing those steps. I've been trying to reproduce this behavior on my end but have so far been unsuccessful. It's possible that we have a bug with multi-step filling that's causing the merge request title to be filled. I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but do you have 1Password set up to fill a TOTP code for GitLab?

• Mitch
    Options

Hey @alumnii, I just wanted to let you know that we reproduced this issue on Gitlab and a few other sites. We fixed it in version 1.8.2 (and 1.9.2 beta) which were both released today. I'm sorry about the surprise field overwriting. :)

Mitch

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hey @Mitch ,

thanks that you got back to this issue. But it is still not working. Sometimes it overwrites the defaults, and if there are no defaults it looks like this:

(I am using version 1.8.2)

It is hardcore annoying -- so could you please have another look into this?

• Mitch
    Options

Hi @alumnii,

That's really annoying! We also use Gitlab and I was able to reproduce this bug when you reported it, but never once since. Can you share your exact steps? Here's what I'm doing:

1. Go to Gitlab.com. I am already signed in, so I see my projects.
      2.Click on a project.
    2. Click Merge Requests.
    3. Click New Merge Request.
    4. Choose a source branch and click "Compare branches and continue".

On the next page, my cursor is already focused in the title field. The value is the default (WIP: branch name) and there is no 1Password icon in the field. I can focus in and out without 1Password showing up unexpectedly.

Please let me know if you're following a different set of steps to reproduce this bug. (And it wouldn't hurt to reinstall the extension and make sure you have the latest version, 1.9.0).

-Mitch

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Mitch ,

thanks for your message. I reinstalled 1Password X to have 1.9.0. Usually your steps are exactly what i do, sometimes also the shortcut function, to directly go from my project in a just commited Merge Request.

Its not easy to reproduce, because sometimes it happens continuously and reproducible, and some other times it does not happen at all.

I will send a screenshot with my exact steps, if it happens again!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alumnii - thanks, sounds good! :) :+1:

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Lars, Hello @Mitch,

it happened again :'(

Here are my steps
    Go to Gitlab.com. I am already signed in, so I see my projects.
    2.Click on a project.
    Click Merge Requests.
    Click shortcut function Create Merge Request
    See bug (take screenshot 1)
    Go back to Merge Requests (with back-button and take screenshot 2)
    Open Merge Request via New Merge Request and Compare branches and continue --> Dont see bug
    Go back to Merge Requests --> hard refresh
    Click shortcut function Create Merge Request
    Don't see bug --> Hard Refresh --> still dont see bug (take screenshot 3)

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

This bug is everywhere ! This is from Sentry:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alumnii: What's the URL so we can look at the page and test it?

• alumnii
    alumnii
    Community Member
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@alumnii: I don't see any kind of web form there. Maybe that's meant as a joke in good humour, but quite seriously nine times out of ten websites have multiple pages with forms and it's important to know the specific one you're having trouble with. And the only "Sentry" I know is the company makes flea collars. Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

• Mitch
    Options

Hi @alumnii,

Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce. I'm simply unable to trigger the bug on Gitlab, but I have some ideas about additional ways to guard against this kind of mistake and will implement them in the next beta. I'll check back with you then.

Mitch

This discussion has been closed.