"attempt to write a readonly database" [resolved through email]

Options
naturedoctor
naturedoctor
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

"attempt to write a readonly database" error whenever I try to edit a login or create a new one and save.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:attempt to write a readonly database

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naturedoctor - sorry for the trouble! 1Password will only be in read only mode if it hasn't been properly licensed (or had a 1password.com account added). Because version 7 is a paid upgrade for everyone (unless you purchased version 6 on or after March 27 of this year), you'll need to either purchase a standalone license to use the app (can be done from directly within 1Password 7 if you downloaded it from us), or subscribe to a 1password.com account (which you can do at the main 1Password sign-up page).

• naturedoctor
    naturedoctor
    Community Member
    Options

I did purchase an annual Families Plan for $59.85 in January 2018 and from within the 1Password 7 app under Account > Manage Subscription > it says "Your Subscription is Active". I do not see where to get the upgrade.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naturedoctor - if you have a 1password.com membership, then the question is: when you click on the vault menu in the top left corner of the main 1Password window, what do you see? What vaults are listed there?

• naturedoctor
    naturedoctor
    Community Member
    Options

When I click on the vault menu I see the the default shared vault plus the additional 5 vaults that I created. There is also an option to + New Vault. Does this answer your question?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naturedoctor - not quite. But rather than go deeper into potentially personally-identifying information about your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#GTT-86132-343]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @naturedoctor only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: GTT-86132-343

• larrybphoto
    larrybphoto
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue with 7.07 after upgrading to a new MacBook Pro. I keep getting the error attempt to write a readonly database.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @larrybphoto, I’d like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93351/attempt-to-write-a-readonly-database#latest
    • Your forum username: larrybphoto

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics, we’ll be able to better assist you. Thank you very much!

• larrybphoto
    larrybphoto
    Community Member
    Options

here is my support ID that has the diagnostic file attached in the associated email.

• larrybphoto
    larrybphoto
    Community Member
    Options

Oops I forgot to include my support ID.
    For your reference, your support ID is [#ZKA-23938-459]

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @larrybphoto, we will be in touch.

ref: ZKA-23938-459

This discussion has been closed.