No network connection to 1Password currently available

I'm running 1Password Families on Windows 7 Professional, and 1Password isn't syncing with the server. The top of the window has a cloud icon with a slash through it, and when I hover over it I get the error message: No network connection to 1Password currently available. There are posts on this forum from last month in which folks say that they got this error when using a VPN, but I'm not using one. There are responses from 1Password employees saying that the upcoming version 7.2 might fix it, but as far as I can tell, that isn't out yet.

Obviously, 1Password is far less useful to have my Windows version in a "read only mode" without the ability to update or add new logins. If you can give me any advice for fixing this, I'd really appreciate it. I also sent an email asking for help and attached a Diagnostics Report.

-Jeff

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @JeffRichardson,

Thanks for writing in.

The upcoming 1Password 7.2 only fixes the reported issues with the VPN clients such as Nord VPN/Proton VPN, they have an unusual way of reporting network states that 1Password doesn't know about.

There are no other known network issues with the current 1Password version. If you see the broken cloud icon, 98% of the times, it is because of a proxy, VPN, network security filtering like a firewall, anti-malware solution, and so on blocking 1Password.

I found your email and will reply to it as soon as possible. At the first glance, I do see a third party tool that could be interfering with 1Password.

• JeffRichardson
    JeffRichardson
    Community Member

Thanks, Mike. Your response to my email helped my company to identify the problem. It was the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software that we are using. We added 1Password.com to the whitelist and that solved it. I appreciate the quick response.

-Jeff

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@JeffRichardson: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1: :chuffed: I am glad to hear you've found the culprit.

Please contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a great weekend!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.