Unable to add account, stuck at "1Password is ready to go!"

Hi,

I'm using Chrome V67, when I login to my 1Password account (which is a trial) through the 1Password X app I get to the "1Password is ready to go!" page but no account is added, I then have to go through the login process again which still doesn't work.

I do see a console error on the extensions generated background page, which is probably causing the issue, you can see the error below:

Failed to add account. TypeError: Cannot read property 'monthlyRate' of undefined
at Am (background.js:formatted:52219)
at Array.map ()
at Fm (background.js:formatted:52309)
at background.js:formatted:52694

I guess I can't login as i'm on a trial and therefore dont have a monthlyRate set yet?

How can I fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.1
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sandyjohnson
    sandyjohnson
    Community Member

I'm having this same exact issue. It was working fine this morning and stopped working when I got back from lunch. It's driving me crazy!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ef334re, @sandyjohnson: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the trouble! Are either of you using a guest account in 1Password X?

• sandyjohnson
    sandyjohnson
    Community Member

No matter what I do it will let me log in and then as soon as I close the successful page after log in, it goes back and asks me to sign in again when I click the icon for the extension to use it.

I have uninstalled the 1Password app from Windows 10, deleted all the data from the directory, reinstalled 1Password for Windows and tried again with no luck. I have reset Firefox from scratch and reinstalled all my extensions and no luck there either. If I had hair, I would pull it out!

1Password Version: 7
    Extension Version: 1.8.1
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: 1password.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sandyjohnson: I've merged your separate post here so we're not trying to have the same conversation in multiple places. We'll get to the bottom of this!

• ef334re
    ef334re
    Community Member

@brenty This issue seems to be fixed now :)

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ef334re: Thanks for letting me know! I believe this was related to a change we made on the server side. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but glad it's resolved for everyone. :blush:

@sandyjohnson: Is it also working for you now?

• sandyjohnson
    sandyjohnson
    Community Member

I just tested it again. When I opened my browser, my extension updated to 1.8.2 and I was able to log in. I think the problem was with the 1.8.1 extension. I was able to get it working on Friday by finding the 1.8.0 extension in Firefox's archives and using that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sandyjohnson: I'm 99% certain that ef334re's issue was due to a bug we introduced and quickly fixed on the server side, but you're right that we released a bug fix for 1Password X over the weekend as well. We may never know for sure which it was in your case, but if 1.8.0 worked I think I know what it was. Either way, just glad all is well for you now. Thanks for the update! :)

• jhaiduce
    jhaiduce
    Community Member

I'm getting this same behavior. I see it on Chrome but not Firefox.

Chrome version: 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox version: 60.0.2 (64-bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jhaiduce: Can you clarify? What are the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect? Which version of 1Password X are you using?

• jhaiduce
    jhaiduce
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, thanks for the quick reply. The problem went away after re-starting Chrome, and I am now unable to reproduce. However, here is what happened:

I installed the Chrome extension, clicked the 1Password button on the Chrome toolbar, and was prompted to sign in. When I signed in, I got the "1Password is ready to go!" message but the lock symbol still appeared on the 1Password icon, and I got no other functionality from the extension except for the ability to log in by clicking the icon, getting the "1Password is ready to go!" screen each time I signed in. I repeated the process several times, and got the same behavior each time.

This morning I started Chrome up again in response to your message, but 1Password behaved as expected that time. I tried removing and re-installing the extension and again got the expected behavior.

1Password version is 1.8.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like something may have been hung up in Chrome itself, perhaps due to a pending update. That can certainly be a bit confusing. I'm glad it's working for you now, but if you encounter any other issues let us know. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.